Chicago - IL, IL150SW, 150 S Wacker Dr, 60606-4111
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Trading Technology group is looking for a talented technologist responsible for applications managing trading at Schwab. These applications are mission critical to achieving our overall firm goals. This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly visible team working on new and exciting initiatives at Schwab and he/she will provide technical leadership adhering to the architectural direction set by the architect.
What you’ll do:
We're looking for software engineers who are enthusiastic about learning new and existing technologies in order to provide exceptional software solutions. The role will require a high level or responsibility but have a support structure necessary for development. Strong work ethic, design and development skills, strong problem solving and the ability to partner with business and technologists across the organization is required
• Interact with business users to develop new features/applications, enhance functionality and efficiencies of the existing applications
• Collaborate with fellow developers to share best practices, review logic, and learn new technologies
• Work with a number of different database systems as well as business processes
• Responsible for production support, maintenance and enhancements of applications supporting trading business
• Collaborate with the development teams and technology leaders across Schwab technology on product development, best practices, and automation
• Assessing and applying emerging technologies, practices, and processes and strategizing and executing projects to improve efficiency and innovation.
• The environment consists of Windows, Linux, SQL Server, Oracle, Java, .NET, WebSphere and IIS
What you have:
- BS or MS in computer science or related technical field
- 5+ years demonstrated real world experience in enterprise web application development
- 5+ years demonstrated real world experience in object oriented languages such as .NET, C# or C++. Experience in Java is a plus
- 5+ years demonstrated real world experience in software engineering principles, such as software design patterns
- 5+ years demonstrated real world experience in database principles, such as SQL server and Oracle; Experience with MongoDB or AeroSpike is a plus
- Knowledge and experience in web service design and implementation
- Strong communication skills and the ability to interact with business partners to interpret requirements and design solutions to fit those requirements
- Experience mentoring and guiding junior developers
- Experience building designs and reviewing them with architects
- Self-motivated, quick learner who can manage multiple projects with minimal direction
- A yearning to understand and leverage new tools and technologies
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies is a plus
- Knowledge of Mutual Fund and Clearing business is a plus
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||IL - Chicago
Activation Date: Thursday, August 17, 2017
Expiration Date: Monday, January 1, 2018