We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Advisor Services is the leading provider of custodial, trading, technology and practice management offerings for independent Registered Investment Advisory (RIA) firms. We provide access to sophisticated wealth-management services that help more than 7,000 independent investment advisors attract and retain affluent clients, as well as profitably grow, compete and succeed in their business efforts.
What you’ll do:
Schwab can help you jump-start your career. Our unique Advisor Services RIA Internship Program can help you understand how Registered Investment Advisory (RIA) firms work and allow you to explore future career opportunities in financial services. As an intern, you’ll rotate through various areas of Schwab Advisor Services, participate in educational training sessions, and attend Schwab-hosted client events. Gain experience in an area of financial services that’s about more than just making money—it’s about doing what’s best for clients.
The internship is a paid position lasting 8 weeks during which you’ll learn how independent advisors serve their clients. You will:
- Gain practical experience in trading support, client service, portfolio construction and financial planning
- Develop an understanding of the processes and procedures Schwab employs to support RIAs
- Develop and practice your presentation and public-speaking skills in a professional setting
- Interact with advisors at Schwab client events and build relationships
- Spend time in an RIA office to learn how advisors manage their businesses
- Work as part of a team to prepare and present a final project
This internship is offered in our Orlando, Florida campus.
For more information, register to attend our virtual event detailed below:
Learn more at http://advisorservices.schwab.com/public/advisor/nn/landing/schwabriainternship.html
What you have:
- Completed three years of college-level financial-planning, business or economics undergraduate education
- Extracurricular activities geared toward a career in the financial services industry
- Anticipated graduation date between December 2018 and December 2019
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 strongly preferred
- Knowledge of financial products and services
- Desire to work in the RIA industry post-graduation
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong teamwork skills with demonstrated success in working with cross-functional teams
- Familiarity with Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Strong phone and/or client relationship/communication skills
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. All applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status (disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans), or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
|Position Located In:
||FL - Orlando
Activation Date: Monday, August 21, 2017
Expiration Date: Thursday, November 2, 2017