Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Do you want to be part of a Data Engineering team managing hundreds of terabytes of data for a leading financial firm with over $2.9 trillion in assets under management? At Schwab, the Global Data Technology (GDT) organization governs the strategy and implementation of the enterprise data warehouse and emerging data platforms. We help Marketing, Finance and executive leadership make fact-based decisions by integrating and analyzing data. We need entry-level developers who are interested in data engineering to work on data integration and management processes using various industry-leading tools and technologies.Intelligent Portfolios Technology (IPT) is part of the Schwab Technology Services organization and is responsible for delivering Robo-Advisor solutions used by Schwab Clients and Advisors.
What you’ll do:
You will work on new projects to understand, design and develop new code to integrate and transform data in our Enterprise Data Platforms. You will engage in discussions about data management concepts and best practices. You will learn to understand the core business concerns and provide solutions to achieve project results. You will develop code using a variety of best-in-class data technologies including Informatica and Teradata while also learning Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Sqoop, Python, Hive, Kafka etc. You will also learn the data engineering development process and agile development methods.
Detailed duties include:
- Working with Business Systems Analysts, Data Modelers and DBAs to ensure a solid understanding of requirements
- Creating/updating engineering specifications and supporting documentation
- Developing data integration logic utilizing data integration tools (Informatica / Talend),Java, Python and various utilities
- Performing testing tasks and peer reviews
- Building deep understanding of the platform data and capabilities
What you have:
Our team members will have:
- Prior experience reading and writing SQL (>1 year)
- Experience, education or training on database concepts and technologies
- Deep interest and passion for data, analytics, and big data
- Familiarity or basic training in data modeling (logical and/or physical)
- Experience or knowledge of programing and scripting languages
- Prior experience working in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, prioritization, and decision-making skills and the ability to be a self-starter
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel and MS Word along with general familiarity with Outlook and other MS Office applications is also required
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Capital Markets-less than 2 yrs, Analyst/Strategy-2-5 yrs, Analyst/Strategy-less than 2 yrs, Banking-less than 2 yrs, Brokerage Operations-less than 2yrs, Investment Management - less than 2 yrs, Investment Management - 2-5 yrs, Financial Services-less than 2 yrs, Regulatory, Financial Services-2-5 yrs, Risk Analysis, Compliance
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin
Activation Date: Tuesday, August 15, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, December 2, 2017