Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Operational Risk & Insurance, the Director of Fiduciary Risk Management will be responsible for the build out and continued maturity of the Fiduciary Risk program. This role will lead the operational risk management efforts, in collaboration with compliance teams and first-line business units, in how we identify, assess, monitor and report on the fiduciary risks related to a diverse mix of businesses, including: asset management, broker-dealer, trust companies and bank. Individual will also be charged with providing a holistic view of Fiduciary Risk through reporting, to senior management and related Board committees.
What you’ll do:
- Assist in the continued maturity of the Fiduciary Risk policy and related procedures and build processes to validate adherence to the program requirements.
- Assess the current state and work to mature key operational risk framework elements specific to fiduciary risk, including: risk and control oversight, key risk indicators, risk appetite, loss data and event reporting, and scenario analysis.
- Provide independent oversight and challenge of fiduciary risk management within the first line of defense (business units).
- Interpret regulatory requirements and guidance to understand the activities that we must perform.
- Develop a solid and positive working relationship with colleagues in other risk and control functions as well as other business units to ensure the program is effectively and efficiently implemented enterprise-wide.
- Respond to internal audit and external regulatory inquiries regarding fiduciary risk.
- Partner with management to help drive focus on mitigation of risk, including implementation of management action plans to address open fiduciary operational risk issues.
- Participate in projects or product reviews as appropriate to assess fiduciary risk.
- Partner with business unit leadership to identify, assess, monitor and control their businesses existing and emerging fiduciary (operational) risk while challenging the effectiveness of the business unit response to changes in the risk environment.
- Lead cross functional risk and oversight forums.
What you have:
The successful candidate must be fully committed to serving the needs of clients, employees, and shareholders. He/she will bring a strong leadership presence in supporting the brand through strong organizational and communication skills. This candidate will also be effective in establishing and obtaining commitment to business goals, while constructively motivating people and implementing strategies to achieve superior business results including quality and productivity.
- Minimum of seven years of fiduciary risk management experience within a diversified financial services firm.
- Ability to manage cross functional projects and teams, including building plans, documenting scope and business requirement and keep team on track through progress measurement.
- Strong working knowledge of operational risk oversight, corporate program development, maintenance for risk assessment and testing.
- Experience in operations covering multiple job processes and comprehensive knowledge of related regulatory requirements.
- Highly responsive to business unit input in order to address pertinent issues and varying opportunities.
- Possess effective communication and presentation skills to articulate continuity policies, procedures and plans to senior level executives.
- Provides recommendations to strategically enhance risk management activities.
- Commands a comprehensive understanding of market conditions and trends impacting risk assessment programs in a diversified financial services firm.
- Maintains strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment, making decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Strong emotional intelligence/maturity and senior level executive presence.
- Thrives on initiating, building and cultivating strong relationships inside and outside; highly collaborative; navigates and activates alignment across organizational silos as well as the enterprise as a whole.
- Bachelor degree required; advanced degree preferred.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab’s hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
|Position Located In:
||TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Thursday, October 19, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, January 20, 2018