San Francisco - CA, BRCASF, 100 Post Street, 94108-4702
Jessie M. Golden
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Capital Stress Testing group within Treasury manages the capital stress testing and advanced approaches projects for the corporation and its subsidiaries. This group is responsible for the design, scheduling, and the gathering of documentation requirements from groups across the organization for semi-annual stress testing. The group is also responsible for overseeing and coordinating compliance with Basel III advanced approaches. As Schwab’s financial profile and regulatory requirements evolve, so does our department.
The Project Business Lead position will coordinate and contribute to the development of an advanced approaches implementation plan for the corporation. After the delivery of the plan, they will then be responsible for quarterly advanced approaches project plans and assisting with the creation of quarterly disclosures. The Project Business Lead position is an individual contributor role.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with Risk Analytics, Regulatory Reporting, and consultants to develop an advanced approaches implementation plan for the corporation
- Contribute to written sections of the plan using regulatory filings, policies, procedures, and business knowledge
- Create and present quarterly advanced approaches project plan presentations after the initial delivery of the implementation plan
- Coordinate with Project Services on the creation of advanced approaches project deliverables
- Assist Regulatory Reporting with the creation of quarterly advanced approaches disclosures
- Organize and own the advanced approaches project calendars and monitor deliverables and deadlines
- Assist in the preparation of a firm-wide regulatory stress testing framework document
- Assess the impact of regulatory changes and perform gap analyses
- Track the remediation of process improvements, including self-identified, audit, and regulatory matters
- Develop subject matter expertise in advanced approaches regulations
- Contribute to ad hoc analytical projects and capital stress testing initiatives, if needed
What you have:
- Demonstrated project management experience with the ability to organize, manage, and prioritize several projects at once
- Strong interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to build cross-functional relationships and to interact effectively with peers across the firm; a high energy individual is preferred
- Prior experience creating project materials that are viewed by senior management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Strong Word and PowerPoint skills
- Some knowledge of regulatory reporting (Enhanced Prudential Standards, CCAR, DFAST, and Basel III) is highly preferred
- 4+ years of prior work experience at a financial organization
- Bachelor’s degree required
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with San Francisco ordinance 17-14 and federal law and regulations applicable to Charles Schwab.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Project Management-6+ yrs, Financial Services-6+ yrs, Project Management-2-5 yrs, Accounting and Finance-6+ yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||CA - San Francisco
Activation Date: Monday, August 14, 2017
Expiration Date: Sunday, October 1, 2017