Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
Jodi Lynn Cohen
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Advisor Services Technology team is responsible for building applications for financial advisors. These solutions are essential to the success of the investment advisor and offer features such as client relationship management, portfolio accounting, trading, data integration, reporting and much more.
What you’ll do:
Do you have a passion for building scalable and extensible Enterprise Applications? Do you want to be part of team that implements secure, extensible and performant applications? Charles Schwab Advisor Services Technology team is hiring a Software Engineer working on innovating projects that will revolutionize and change you think about Investing. You will have the opportunity to work with a team of remarkable engineers, managers, business leaders and other talented engineering teams.
What you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Master’s Degree in Computer Science with some .NET or Java background.
- Coursework and/or experience in object oriented languages such as Java, C# or C++.
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures.
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Passionate about learning and understanding new tools and technologies.
- Passionate about leveraging technology to build products that "wow" users.
- Coursework and/or experience in user interfaces, such as HTML5, Jquery, CSS.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Distributed and Web Development-less than 2yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin
Activation Date: Monday, June 19, 2017
Expiration Date: Thursday, February 1, 2018