Lone Tree - CO, DENR3, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
Lara Lynn Nolen
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
As a Senior Manager of Software Development for Intelligent Portfolios Technology you will provide leadership within the engineering team and for our business partners. You will lead a team delivering high quality solutions that meet business objectives in a flexible, collaborative and rapidly changing environment.
What you’ll do:
You have strong team leadership skills with the ability to hire, guide, coach and grow exceptional technology teams. You are a visible leader that thrives on developing and motivating future technology leaders. You foster an innovation culture and thirst for technology innovation. Successful leaders at Charles Schwab communicate well with teams and leaders of the organization, have active listening skills, ask great questions and provide good development feedback.
- Lead the design and development of the next generation of Intelligent Portfolios solutions for Schwab Clients and Advisors
- Drive continuous integration and deployment strategies leveraging tools like Bamboo with a DevOps philosophy
- Foster the energy to search out and evangelize new and emerging technologies including open source tools
- Manage day-to-day activities and influence team members to leverage, follow and support agile software development practices
- Champion new ways of collaborating with technology and business partners
- Influence and implement improvements and efficiencies in the technical aspects of the development process
- Ensure the highest quality software is developed, delivered and maintained
- Be a key leader in the agile process fostering collaboration, prioritization, team accountability and transparency
What you have:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of enterprise software application development experience building distributed scalable enterprise-class Microsoft .NET and/or Angular web applications
- 2 + years’ experience managing software development teams in medium to large enterprise web development environments focused on complex projects with multiple dependencies, including:
- Experience managing multiple priorities in a dynamic environment across multiple time zones and locations
- Experience with project management, resource management, and offshore vendor management
- Prior experience with automated testing
- Working knowledge of Agile/Scrum and CI/CD
- Masters in Computer Science
- Financial Industry experience (plus)
- Experience with hybrid and native mobile application development
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Management/Technical Project Mgmt-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Activation Date: Friday, August 11, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, April 21, 2018