Phoenix - AZ, PHXPEAK, 2423 E Lincoln Dr, 85016-1215
Erika Jessica Pullem
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Client Tax Reporting (CTR) is a part of the Custody & Asset Services division of Operational Services. We are dedicated to leading a culture that delivers timely and accurate tax reporting in our efforts to create a premier client experience, while providing a controlled and disciplined environment that allows our employees to feel valued and engaged. Client Tax Reporting is under the Shared Support Services umbrella.
What you’ll do:
The Client Tax Reporting Specialist is responsible for supporting Schwab brokerage accounts and the accounts of our affiliates to ensure proper tax reporting and withholding for both domestic and international clients. This position requires the individual to analyze and interpret reports, as well as, incoming tax documents from our clients. This is a fast-paced working environment requiring effective communication and teamwork. During tax season (late December through April 15), as well as other times during the year, overtime may be needed as the volume of work increases. In addition to tax-related functions the department performs daily client trade confirmation reviews and statement reviews two twice a month. Client statement review often falls over a weekend requiring mandatory overtime when statements are ready for review to ensure updates are made to the appropriate tax buckets.
What you have:
- Prior experience with tax reporting preferred
- BA or BS preferred
- Series 7 and 63 perferred but not required
- Proficient computer skills including Outlook, Excel, and Word
- This role requires strict adherence to the established policies and procedures
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment while maintaining the highest level of positivity and professionalism
- Good decision making and sound judgment skills
- Outstanding time management, organization, and attention to detail
- Requires accurate data entry skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Identify and communicate issues effectively and timely to peers and management team
- Ability to multi-task, understand the importance of follow-through
- Min of 5 years’ experience in Operations
- Flexibility to work weekends during monthly statement review
- Ability to work overtime during peak season (December-April)
Can be filled at an Associate or Specialsit level depending on experience.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||FINRA Series 7
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-less than 2 yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix
Category:Brokerage Operations & Trading
Activation Date: Friday, August 11, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, August 19, 2017