Phoenix - AZ, PHXPEAK, 2423 E Lincoln Dr, 85016-1215
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Reporting to the Managing Director, Corporate Operational Risk Management, the Sr. Manager will assist in the planning and administration of the operational risk management framework that is aligned with the Corporate Operational Risk Management Program and Policy.
Activities will include those that are aligned to maintaining and enhancing the Operational Risk Management Program. Additionally, the Sr. Manager will be responsible for documenting requirements associated with the programs, such as related policies and procedures.
What you’ll do:
- Coordinate with the Corporate Operational Risk Leadership team on various activities such as: policies and procedures, projects, strategy plans, and departmental standards;
- Facilitate the collection and timely updates of selective material necessary to facilitate transparency on the overall maturity of the ORM Program in partnership with our Enterprise Risk Management Program;
- Participate and document actions for oversight meetings as part of the overall governance structure;
- Ensure the archival of official ORM documents are done so in a timely and accurate manner;
What you have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred
- Hands-on experience applying risk management principles, methodologies, and governance principles and activities in a financial services environment;
- Strong interpersonal skills/ability to develop relationships with peers in the Corporate Operational Risk Management Team and across all of Corporate Risk Management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with proven ability in communicating with senior management
- Self-motivated along with the ability to bring projects and reporting to conclusion
- 5+ years of transferable experience related to operational risk management and/or audit
- Independent judgment with strong analytical and risk assessment skills
- Project management experience, including MS Project proficiency
- Ability to incorporate and understand mass information from a variety of sources to recommend a course of action
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab’s hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix
Activation Date: Friday, August 11, 2017
Expiration Date: Friday, December 1, 2017