Lone Tree - CO, DENR2, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
James D Hapgood
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Fixed Income Trading Operations representative enables the Fixed Income group to execute on our long term strategy and to deliver improved support to the Fixed Income Trading process. The position allows for active management of the operational flow of trades focusing on process improvement in a highly regulated environment.
What you’ll do:
The Fixed Income Trading Operations representative will work with team members on accurate and timely trade reporting, settlement reconciliations, counterparty set ups, as well as trouble shoot and work on ad hoc issues and projects. The Trading Operations representative will work closely with trading, syndicate, risk management, compliance, technology, purchase and sales, settlements, and various other business partners as they perform their operational responsibilities.
Duties will include:
- Work directly with traders to assist in trade execution and adjustments
- Manage all TRACE & MSRB trade reporting, from submission to reconciliation
- Troubleshoot ad hoc issues which include P&L discrepancy, complex trade and settlement breaks, data and trade error.
- Participate in development and testing of process and technology improvements.
- Reconcile internal accounts and verify accuracy daily
- Create and run Business Intelligence reports for business needs.
- Work closely with business partners, management and technology to identify and report any issues and areas of potential risk.
- Collaborate with P&S and Settlements to improve business relationships and efficiency.
What you have:
- Bachelor Degree with at 4+ years of prior experience in financial services, preferably trading or trade support
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with SAP (Business Intelligence) preferred
- Demonstrated decision-making capabilities, logic, and good judgment
- Proven record of success in team environments and experience in managing internal/external relationships
- Analytical and creative problem solver
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to synthesize thoughts effectively and communicate well with people at various levels of management.
- Individual must be able to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
- Series 7 is preferred and will be a condition of employment for candidates who are not already licensed.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Trading-6+ yrs, Financial Services-6+ yrs, Trading-2-5 yrs, Customer Service-6+ yrs, Customer Service-2-5 yrs, Brokerage Operations-2-5 yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs, Brokerage Operations-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||NJ - Jersey City, CO - Lone Tree
Category:Brokerage Operations & Trading
Activation Date: Friday, August 11, 2017
Expiration Date: Sunday, September 10, 2017