San Francisco - CA, SF211MN, 211 Main St, 94105-1905
Elizabeth T Wells
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
What you’ll do:
DUTIES: Oversee strategy and tactical efforts required to provide advanced quantitative-based decision support services across the organization. Build strong relationships with senior leadership across the organization and identify ways quantitative analyses could support strategic initiatives helping our clients achieve financial fitness. Drive strategy for marketing analytics and communicate the impact of work to senior leadership and business partners. Work with their staff to execute statistical analyses, and present quantitative insights translating statistical results into strategic recommendations accessible and actionable for the business. Shape the vision for the future of analytics and influence a wide range of stakeholders, providing clear rationale and strategic thinking on multiple enterprise level initiatives, with extensive cross-functional collaboration and leadership. Work closely with the media buying agency to strategize and better target customers and to optimize the media spend and tactics including programmatic. Lead, direct, and fully manage decision support and advanced analytics teams consisting of approximately 25 staff in San Francisco and Denver, including 5 direct reports. The staff includes statisticians, econometricians, mathematicians, data analysts and SAS programmers. Travel Required: 15%
What you have:
Requirements: Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in Statistics, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Econometrics, MBA, or a related field an 7 years of experience in job offered or related occupation. Experience can be gained prior to, concurrently with, or after Master’s degree. Alternatively, the employer will accept a Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent and 10 years of progressive post-baccalaureate experience in job offered or related occupation.
Experience and/or education must include:
- 7 years of experience providing business acumen and foresight to anticipate obstacles including data quality issues, technology issues, unclear business requirements, and competing priorities and implement tactical plans to mitigate risks;
- 7 years of experience delivering projects on schedule while meeting requirements of business partners and providing analytics that lead to business decisions, creating shared goals for teams and clients;
- 7 years of experience coordinating tactical work flow and analytical resources to ensure that objectives are met on schedule and in-line with planned effort for projects;
- 5 years of experience achieving reduction project timelines, reduce ad-hoc requests by providing self-service tools, and combine projects to eliminate duplication of work;
- 7 years of experience determining the approach best suited for business objectives by evaluating analytical approaches including but not limited to marketing effectiveness analyses, comparison analyses, statistical deep dives, test/control and experimentation;
- 5 years of experience with any or combination of statistical and analytical tools including but not limited to SAS, Teradata, SQL, Adobe Site Catalyst/ Analytics and Hadoop;
- 7 years of experience resolving problems including resource constraints, competing priorities, changes to project objectives, requirements, and scope;
- 5 years of experience building support with cross-functional resources including data warehouse engineers, market researchers, strategy team, and database marketers through facilitating communication with partners and consideration of other’s needs in outcomes;
- 5 years of experience facilitating executive-level communication and internal Public Relations efforts of the team activities and accomplishments;
- 3 years of experience working with marketing teams and media agencies to strategizing, targeting customers, and optimization of media spending;
- 7 years of experience executing statistical analyses, and presenting quantitative insights translating statistical results into strategic recommendations accessible and actionable for the business; and
- 1 year of experience with data management platforms and tag management solutions to optimize Digital Marketing Strategies.
OTHER: Job Site: San Francisco, CA
Please reference Job ID: A2MNWD and send resume via mail to: 9800 Schwab Way, Lone Tree, CO 80124, Attn: E. Wells. EOE.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
|Position Located In:
||CA - San Francisco
Activation Date: Friday, August 11, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, September 23, 2017