We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Stock Plan Services Technology team is responsible for building applications to support Schwab’s equity compensation business. These solutions are essential to manage company’s equity compensation plans, taxation, reporting, and much more.
What you’ll do:
Do you want to be part of a team that implements secure and extensible industry leading applications? Do you have a passion for building state of the art systems? We are looking for a Java developer to develop systems to support the Stock Plan Services business. He or She will provide strong technical background to develop and enhance our systems.
What you have:
The successful candidate will have demonstrated capabilities with object oriented development, strong communication skills, and the ability to work closely with other team members and interact with business partners to successfully interpret requirements and create effective solutions.
- 3-5 years of experience in Software Development using Java Object Oriented Programming
- Experience building Web services (RESTFul experience preferred)
- Expertise with Team Foundation Server or Bitbucket
- Experience with Hibernate and Spring
- Demonstrated ability to interpret requirements and design solutions to fit those requirements
- Passionate about leveraging technology to build products that "wow" users
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interact successfully with business partners and other technology teams
- Relational database experience in either Oracle or SQL Server
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
Nice to have:
- Spring Boot and Spring Cloud Data Flow
- Test Driven Development experience
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Development
- Experience working with Cloud technologies
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or similar discipline preferred
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix
Activation Date: Thursday, August 10, 2017
Expiration Date: Friday, September 22, 2017