Vienna - VA, SIVATYC, 8045 Leesburg Pike, Suite 210, 22182-2700
Curtis A Crawford
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Advisor Services, the leading provider of custodial, operational and trading support for independent fee-based investment advisors is looking for a sales person like you! Our heritage of serving advisors by bringing them the “best of Schwab,” our specialized expertise and our continued investment in their business is unparalleled. Your experience and commitment can help make it possible for us to offer a depth and breadth of services supported by leading technology and experienced, dedicated people to our advisor clients to help them profitably grow, compete and succeed in their business efforts.
Reporting to a Senior Managing Director, the Managing Director (MD) of Relationship Management will, in a business-to-business (B2B) sales environment, provide leadership, sales management and coaching to Relationship Managers and a Support Specialist in a regional office, as well as manage complex client relationships with top-tier advisors while actively pursuing opportunities to improve their level of profitability. The Managing Director will be responsible for all general business activities, people and relationship management, and the office’s clients’ experience with Schwab.
What you’ll do:
- Motivate and coach direct reports through all stages of Schwab Advisor Services’ sales process.
- Anticipate client issues and problems and proactively take necessary steps to prevent such problems from occurring while effectively coordinating with other SI departments.
- Manage and grow existing client relationships and influence positive change in their operations, as well as communicate policy changes to them.
- Manage and organize sales situations with clients, as well as negotiate long term pricing in exchange for increased assets.
What you have:
- A proven ability to deliver excellent client service with the ability to anticipate and resolve problems under their own initiative.
- General management background including familiarity with human resources policies related to management.
- Experience with building teams; ability to motivate and coach direct reports.
- Superior communication, interpersonal and listening skills.
- Outstanding presentation and negotiation skills – ability to think on feet, solve problems, listen, persuade and develop win/win solutions.
- In-depth knowledge of Schwab Institutional products and services.
- Deep understanding of, and adherence to, Schwab Advisor Services’ sales’ process coupled with strong knowledge and the ability to leverage and communicate features and benefits of our platform, technologies, tools, products and services.
- Demonstrated expertise in all aspects of the RIA industry including technology, operations, practice management, compliance, fee structures and the competition.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- 5-7 years of financial services industry and relationship management experience.
- 2-4 years of sales management experience strongly preferred.
- Series 7, 63, 24 required. (Series 24 can be obtained under a condition of employment)
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||FINRA Series 63, FINRA Series 7
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, Business Development and Sales-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||VA - Vienna
Activation Date: Thursday, August 10, 2017
Expiration Date: Wednesday, October 25, 2017