San Francisco - CA, SF215FMT, 215 Fremont Street, 94105-2318
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab’s Client Solutions Strategy group is the internal strategy group for the Client Solutions business unit of the firm. The Client solutions businesses manage many of Schwab’s client product and advisory solutions (e.g., Mutual Funds, ETFs, Managed Solutions, Fixed Income, Insurance, Cash); Client Solutions is in particular responsible for managing the 3rd party platforms, maintaining a vibrant client experience while growing a revenue stream which is vital to Schwab’s overall financial health.
The Client Solutions Strategy group is one of the main valves for top-tier talent at Schwab, providing members with an unparalleled opportunity to work on the major strategic and operational issues confronting the business while gaining visibility among the firm’s senior.
What you’ll do:
The goals of the group are to:
- Deliver world-class strategy at both the corporate and business-unit level
- Conduct clear, consistent, fact-based analysis to inform key business responses. Drive the allocation of scarce resources to the highest-value issues across Schwab
- Support the execution of select critical initiatives
The Senior Manager, Client Solutions Strategy and Product Development will work closely with the Client Solutions leaders and their teams in a fully integrated way to deliver on high-value strategic projects.
Reporting into the Managing Director, Client Solutions Strategy, the Senior Manager will work very closely with the individual Client Solutions teams on a variety of projects, with engagement in all aspects of the project life cycle, from strategy to execution. Candidates for the role should be self-starters with a well-rounded set of skills including world-class strategic thinking, strong problem solving, project management and product development capabilities. This person’s specific responsibilities will include:
- Managing a variety of strategic projects and product development initiatives
- Developing and maintaining an understanding of strategic issues and product/ distribution trends in the asset management/ brokerage industry
- Performing ongoing competitive analysis and evaluating industry trends to identify business implications
- Coordinating annual and ongoing cross-platform planning and prioritization efforts
Performing quantitative and qualitative analyses as required by specific projects.
What you have:
- 5+ years of experience, in consulting, internal strategy function, investment banking and / or corporate development; prior experience in financial services preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA a plus
- Strategy thinker with strong business judgment and analytical skills, who is able to problem solve as issues arise
- Excellent project management and organization skills analysis
- Excellent presentation skills, both written and verbal, for all levels of the company
- Comfort in a dynamic and fast-moving work environment
- Natural ability to build relationships with key business partners across the company
- Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task and work efficiently, independently and with teams, to meet tight deadlines with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of the asset management industry and major trends around products, managers and distributors a plus
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with San Francisco ordinance 17-14 and federal law and regulations applicable to Charles Schwab.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Project Management-6+ yrs, Analyst/Strategy-6+ yrs, Risk Analysis, Product Development-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree, CA - San Francisco
Activation Date: Thursday, August 10, 2017
Expiration Date: Friday, September 1, 2017