Lone Tree - CO, DENR2, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
James D Hapgood
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Margin Services protects the firm from risk exposure by monitoring accounts to ensure compliance with FINRA, SRO and Schwab rules and regulations. Margin Services imposes trading restrictions on accounts for trade settlement violations. Margin services reviews money due, stock due and various risk reports. We handle inquiries from both internal and external clients regarding buying power, funds available and day trading.
*NOTE* This role will be filled at a GL 56 (Sr. Specialist) or a GL 55 (Specialist) depending on background and experience.
What you’ll do:
- Resolve margin-related issues with both internal and external clients.
- Monitor and resolve margin calls, resolution of debit balances and short positions.
- Explain and apply industry rules, regulations and policies.
- Enforce regulations and restrictions.
- Analyze credit, trade, cashiering reports to mitigate risk.
- Take inbound telephone calls from internal employees, external clients, and make outbound calls as appropriate.
What you have:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong reconciliation skills and diligence in researching problem accounts.
- Interested individuals should have a basic working knowledge of margin rules and formulas.
- Solid knowledge of balance, position, and transaction systems.
- Candidates must be flexible and comfortable with changing work duties.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to multitask are critical.
- Ability to deliver complex information while maintaining a positive client experience.
- Work well in a collaborative team environment.
- Series 7 and 63 licenses required.
- Trading experience preferred.
- Relevant Work Experience: 1 year Schwab experience or related industry experience 2+ years.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||FINRA Series 63, FINRA Series 7
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Trading-2-5 yrs, Customer Service-2-5 yrs, Brokerage Operations-2-5 yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Category:Brokerage Operations & Trading
Activation Date: Thursday, August 10, 2017
Expiration Date: Friday, September 1, 2017