Chicago - IL, IL150SW, 150 S Wacker Dr, 60606-4111
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Model Risk Management team within Corporate Risk Management is responsible for identifying all model risk at the company, and for ensuring that this risk is properly managed and mitigated, according to the Model Risk Management policies and procedures.
We are looking for a Senior Model Validation Analyst to play a critical part in the growing responsibilities of the Model Risk Management team. In this role you will assist with independent model validations, including: reviewing model documentation for completeness, assessing the suitability of models for their intended purposes, performing stress testing and other sensitivity analysis, reviewing data inputs and outputs, and making recommendations for improvements. You will need to demonstrate a strong quantitative aptitude and a thorough understanding of how financial models are used in business and regulatory contexts.
What you’ll do:
- Present work through formal validation reports, as well as through presentations to model owners and senior management.
- Work effectively as a team member with other quantitative analysts at the company, as well as with external consultants.
- Evaluate model performance monitoring reports, model assessment reports, and change management processes.
- Keep abreast with developments in quantitative risk management and industry best practices in model validation.
- Perform additional responsibilites, as required.
What you have:
- PhD in a quantitative discipline and 2+ years of closely related work experience preferred; alternatively a MA/MS and 4+ years of experience preferred.
- Some familiarity with financial predictive modeling disciplines, such as consumer behavioral modeling, econometric forecasting, Monte Carlo analysis, or decision science.
- Advanced knowledge of analytical tools, such as SAS, R, MATLAB, Python, or eViews.
- Experience with financial data providers, such as FactSet, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters or Capital IQ is a plus.
- Experience associated with development, use, or validation of stress testing models (CCAR or DFAST) is desirable.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential
What you'll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
|Position Located In:
||IL - Chicago
Activation Date: Wednesday, August 9, 2017
Expiration Date: Friday, September 1, 2017