Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
Jessie M. Golden
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Seeking an experienced construction professional that will act as a key project liaison with internal and external resources which include Design, Telecommunications, Security, Real Estate, Property Management, etc. to ensure the timely, cost effective, and efficient success of all assigned projects which will be inclusive of Branch,Office, and large Corporate projects . The ideal candidate will be comfortable managing all on site activities, interfacing with senior management, and can work effectively in a highly collaborative environment.
What you’ll do:
- Plan and implement strategies to ensure the successful and timely execution of all assigned projects.
- Establish and implement overall project plan objectives, master project schedule, and financials, including project budget and will require limited interface various corporate entities to ensure satisfactory delivery of the project.
- Responsible for on-site supervision during the construction process to include management of General Contractor,architect,consultants, municipal entities,and Owner vendors.
- Participate in the design development process to collaborate with all internal stakeholders.
- Effectively manage change order negotiations and ensure that all adhere to contract compliance.
- Identify and source market resources for procurement of appropriate goods and services.
- Identify inefficiencies in processes and make adjustments to improve upon such.
- Select vendors and manage vendor activity and performance to ensure compliance with the overall objectives of the projects(project objectives, costs, standards, and schedules)
- Establish and manage the estimates, expenditure commitments of the project and monitors costs to ensure compliance with the approved budget.
- Ensure compliance with legal, regulatory, audit, safety, and environmental issues.
- Develop strong relationships to ensure close collaboration and communication with decision makers, Architects, Engineers, Code and enforcement officials, and internal partners.
- Lead job site meetings, produce minutes and strive for a collaborative team environment.
- Manage all outside and internal resources (architects, designers, construction firms, etc.) to achieve successful completion of the project.
- Prepare rationale/justification for all project budgetary needs.
- Manage the project close-out process to ensure that closure occurs within Schwab compliance guidelines and industry standard practice.
- Manage additional in-house personnel as assigned.
What you have:
- At least 10 years of experience managing multiple projects, including complicated ground-up and campus/mid-rise construction, in addition to managing the design/engineering processes.
- 10+ years of experience managing multi-building campus projects (or similar type projects); highly desirable to have crititical Data Center Environment experience.
- Thorough site work experience and an overall working knowledge of structural, mechanical/electrical/critical support systems.
- Strong estimating skills.
- Highly desirable to have managed multiple construction managers within a corporate type environment or evident potential to do so.
- BA / BS in Architecture, Construction, or Engineering or equivalent experience.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Project Management-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Wednesday, August 9, 2017
Expiration Date: Friday, September 1, 2017