San Francisco - CA, SF215FMT, 215 Fremont Street, 94105-2318
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Treasury Corporate Finance (TCF) group within Treasury develops and manages the short- and intermediate-term capital strategies for the corporation and its subsidiaries, ensuring compliance with all related policies, procedures and banking regulations. The Treasury Analyst will participate in capital and liquidity management by maintaining and updating financial forecast models and assisting in monthly and quarterly reporting. The work is performed across the organization and under tight deadlines. Treasury seeks a self-motivated strategic thinker who can prioritize, communicate and collaborate to build relationships across departmental lines.
What you’ll do:
- Update and analyze forecast balance sheets and capital planning schedules for the Corporation and its subsidiaries
- Assist with analyzing the impact of regulatory changes on capital and liquidity of the firm
- Document financial model assumptions and procedures (after 6-12 months in the role)
- Monitor and prepare subsidiary dividends and long term debt payments
- Assist in the preparation of materials for ALCO, Board of Directors, and Global Risk Committee
- Ensure compliance with departmental internal controls
- Work on process improvement projects to streamline and automate analysis and reporting
What you have:
- 1-4 years of experience in finance, accounting or business positions
- Thorough knowledge of finance and accounting is preferred
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills with attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s degree required with a major in Accounting or Finance preferred
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with San Francisco ordinance 17-14 and federal law and regulations applicable to Charles Schwab.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Analyst/Strategy-2-5 yrs, Analyst/Strategy-less than 2 yrs, Accounting and Finance-2-5 yrs, Internal Audit, Financial Services-less than 2 yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs, Risk Analysis, Accounting and Finance-less than 2 yrs
|Position Located In:
||CA - San Francisco
Activation Date: Monday, August 7, 2017
Expiration Date: Friday, September 1, 2017