San Francisco - CA, SF211MN, 211 Main St, 94105-1905
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Analytics and Business Insight is a department of 145 team members focused on firm-wide strategic decision support, client behavior diagnostics, advanced analytics, data science, market research, client loyalty, management reporting, and client and prospect data management. Our mission is to help Schwab compete on analytics – in particular, to serve our clients and cultivate their loyalty by understanding their needs and goals better than anyone, and then to make data-driven, strategic decisions. Our services are in heavy demand due to our reputation for accuracy, strong business insight, outstanding productivity, and business impact.
The Director – Strategic Analytics will be responsible for working closely with Marketing Analytics and Data Science (MADS) Department and leading a number of important cross-team activities that are critical to achieving our vision of becoming a world class analytics organization. Working closely with the VP and other members of the leadership team, you will lead efforts to elevate business impact of the team by creating strategic, unified and executive insights, lead creation of annual and quarterly operating plan, build best practices that can be leveraged across the organization, oversee cross-functional initiatives that improve our overall analytical capabilities and deliver actionable insights to our business partners on special projects.
What you’ll do:
- Create strategic and executive ready insights by combining findings from multiple areas within and across teams
- Elevate presentation and strategic recommendations in order to be readily operationalized by business stakeholders
- Create effective project planning process across MADS and offshore team– from Annual Strategic Operating Plan to quarterly, monthly detailed big initiatives roadmap
- Create framework, process and operating plan to focus on business deliverables that drive highest business impact
- Develop strategic business cases to fund new projects and initiatives
- Oversee cross-functional initiatives to improve MADS talent including recruiting, learning & development and engagement of the ABI team
- Develop internal and external best practices for key topics (e.g. testing and experimentation, analytics excellence, machine learning, natural language processing, etc.) that can be adopted across the broader organization
- Lead high impact cross-functional analytical projects as needed
- Coordinate regular monthly, bi-weekly and quarterly status reports
- Oversee departmental communications to broader stakeholders
The position will report to the VP, Marketing Analytics and Data Science. The role is initially an individual contributor role.
What you have:
Candidates for this position must be intelligent, flexible, and willing and able to execute a variety of tasks ranging from high level strategic thinking to diving into deep details. Candidates also need to be able to produce compelling executive level communications and have proven analytical skills. Specific skills include:
- Ability to think strategically
- Project management skills
- Superior oral and written communication including demonstrated skills building executive-level powerpoint presentations based on analytical insights
- A willingness and ability to get into project details
- Comfort and experience working with business cases and budgets
- Strong business acumen
- High sense of urgency with a drive to get things done
- Proven team player thriving on overall success of team and organization
- Ability to influence and work effectively across cross-function borders
- Problem solving skills with proven experience working with data and analytics across a variety of applications
- Deep experience in analytics and ability to develop best practices in how to define, execute and measure success of analytical projects
- Ability to analyze data and create actionable insights
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or advanced degree desired;
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in analytics, strategy and/or business consulting
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with San Francisco ordinance 17-14 and federal law and regulations applicable to Charles Schwab.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
|Position Located In:
||CA - San Francisco
Activation Date: Friday, August 4, 2017
Expiration Date: Friday, December 1, 2017