Phoenix - AZ, PHXPEAK, 2423 E Lincoln Dr, 85016-1215
Curtis A Crawford
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab takes an innovative approach to investing in Fixed Income. We search more than 200 dealers to provide our clients with broad access to bonds at the best price available on our platform. We provide transparency in pricing for our clients by automatically providing price comparisons and showing the best prices available.
Our dedicated analysts and specialists provide market insight and one on one service to help our clients research the right bonds for their portfolios. There is no substitute for one-on-one guidance with an experienced professional. Additionally, we provide online research and commentary on a variety of current market conditions and investing fundamentals. We help clients at all stages of investing. Whether they are looking to diversify their portfolios, or ready to start drawing income from their savings we are here to help them find the right products to meet their needs and investing goals.
What you’ll do:
As Senior Manager of the National Bond Desk, you will lead a team of 10 to 12 bond investment specialists focused on client relationships, investment solutions, and the personalized approach to service that Schwab is known for. Additional responsibilities will include:
Leading an outstanding environment of teamwork, integrity, open communication, transparency, and client loyalty.
Developing team members through coaching, career planning, and mentoring. A strong coaching background is highly desired.
Working directly with clients and other business partners to identify business development opportunities, platform enhancements, and continuously improving the client experience.
Leading business development focus for the department, focusing on collaboration with partner groups and coaching team members on lead flow process.
What you have:
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Active FINRA Series 7, 63, and 9/10 preferred.
- Five years experience in brokerage/financial services industry, including a minimum of three years experience managing registered representatives.
- Strong leadership and coaching skills with demonstrated success leading employee development.
- Thorough knowledge of brokerage/financial services industry and fixed income investment products.
- Strong coordination, relationship, teamwork, and partnership skills with ability to evaluate opportunities and challenges from clients’ perspective.
- Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong MS Office skills, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Bloomberg is a plus.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||FINRA Series 63, FINRA Series 10, FINRA Series 7, FINRA Series 9
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Capital Markets-2-5 yrs, Business Development and Sales-2-5 yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix
Category:Customer Service/Client Service
Activation Date: Friday, August 4, 2017
Expiration Date: Sunday, August 27, 2017