San Francisco - CA, SF215FMT, 215 Fremont Street, 94105-2318
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Capital Stress Testing group within Treasury manages the CCAR and DFAST capital stress testing projects for the corporation and its subsidiaries. This group is responsible for the design, scheduling, and the gathering of documentation requirements from groups across the organization for semi-annual stress testing. As Schwab’s financial profile and regulatory requirements evolve, so does our department. In addition to the semi-annual stress testing, our group is responsible for integrating other regulatory requirements into the firm’s framework and ad hoc analyses such as peer analytics.
The group seeks a dynamic individual to create and manage comprehensive documentation for the annual Capital Plan and the DFAST FR Y-14A submission. The successful candidate will assist in creating documentation/presentations for Schwab senior management and federal regulators focusing on regulatory requirements for DFAST and CCAR related to stress testing and capital planning.
What you’ll do:
- Be a key participant in ongoing capital planning and periodic capital stress testing for the Corporation and its subsidiaries.
- Maintain an accurate record of meetings in support of capital stress testing, including distribution of notes to meeting participants and updating appropriately with feedback.
- Coordinate with the Enterprise Risk Management group to identify and record effective challenge captured in capital stress testing meetings.
- Understand the deliverables of PMO clients and contribute to the success of the CCAR/DFAST compliance program by building cooperative and collegial relationships and processes.
- Support the development process for the Capital Plan and other documentation by:
- Monitoring regulatory requirements and maintaining a documentation checklist of items to ensure compliance;
- Providing word processing and editorial assistance in documentation efforts;
- Adhering to styles defined for TCST documentation;
- Identifying and soliciting necessary documents for the Capital Plan Appendices and managing the concatenation of this information in Adobe Acrobat.
- Prepare presentations/reports for Capital Planning groups, Board of Directors, and other executive steering committee meetings.
- Participate in projects as required for new initiatives, process improvements or technology implementation and development.
- Maintain and assure compliance with all policies and procedures, as well as all applicable regulatory requirements.
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus on Business or Finance is required. (A recent graduate with internship experience would be considered)
- Related work experience, preferably in a bank or financial services organization.
- Proficient skills in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with Workiva Wdesk.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to build cross-functional relationships and to interact effectively with senior management.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple, changing priorities.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with San Francisco ordinance 17-14 and federal law and regulations applicable to Charles Schwab.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Analyst/Strategy-less than 2 yrs, Communications-less than 2 yrs, Banking-less than 2 yrs, Financial Services-less than 2 yrs, Accounting and Finance-less than 2 yrs
|Position Located In:
||CA - San Francisco
Activation Date: Thursday, August 3, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, August 26, 2017