Phoenix - AZ, PHXPEAK, 2423 E Lincoln Dr, 85016-1215
Erika Jessica Pullem
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Clearance and Settlement Operations supports Schwab’s Strategy Through Clients’ Eyes. We focus on creating memorable service experiences by delivering superior, consistent, and seamless service. We strive to provide accurate and timely settlement of International and Domestic trades, fail control, stock loan operations, and broker dealer reconcilement and maintenance. We set high standards and do our best to build loyalty one interaction at a time.
The Phoenix Clearance and Settlement Operations team consists of 7 team members and 1 Manager. The Team’s direct clients are our internal business partners. Our most active business partner is Advisor Services. Other business partners include Fixed Income Operations, Purchase &Sales (P&S), Corporate Actions, Asset Transfer Services, Trade Support Group, Client Service & Support Operations, Security Operations, Security Information Services, Trust Outsourcing & Systems, and Trust Client Services. Our indirect clients are Investment Advisors and their end clients as well as retail clients.
We are currently looking for a like-minded team player who shares our values and is on board with utilizing their individual strengths. If you are interested in a high paced environment where high volumes, multi-tasking, and strict deadlines motivate you, this may be the ideal position for you.
What you’ll do:
Phoenix team members settle all non-CNS transactions with other broker dealers through various depositories and clearing organizations. Transactions include ACATs, Broker to Broker, Institutional, Prime Broker, and RVP/DVP. We perform a wide variety of activities on a daily basis under strict time constraints. Tasks range from simple to highly complex, and most activities performed involve risk. Internal systems used include Legacy among others, external systems include DTC, CitiDirect, BNY/Mellon and FINRA.
Our primary communication method with our business partners is via Email, while our secondary methods include telephone and instant messaging. Face to face interaction is encouraged for resolving complex issues with our business partners on site. Outbound calls are made and/or Emails are sent to brokers, dealers, banks, and trust companies in attempts to resolve open settlement obligations. Inbound calls and Emails are taken from the same. Actions taken must conform to regulatory guidelines, Schwab policies and procedures, and industry standards.
What you have:
- BA/BS preferred but not required.
- Active FINRA Series 7 and 63 preferred.
- 2+ years industry experience required
- Good working knowledge of street-side processes and utilities employed required.
- Strong planning and organizational skills including successful time management required.
- Must be able to execute and control while mitigating regulatory and financial risk in a fast paced, risk laden environment.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills required
- Advanced PC skills including Microsoft Excel and Word required
- Demonstrate the ability to type 50 WPM accurately
- Must be able to work with teammates and significantly contribute to a high performing team
- Positive attitude and strong client focus required.
Please note: This requisition may be filled at an Associate or Specialist level depending on experience.
You demonstrate these behaviors:
- Analytical Thinking: Approaches a complex task or problem by breaking it down into its component parts and considering each part in detail.
- Decisiveness: Is willing to make decisions in difficult or ambiguous situations, when time is critical.
- Results oriented: Has a strong sense of urgency about solving problems and getting work done.
- Innovative Proposes new approaches, methods, or technologies.
- Customer service: Talks to customers (internal or external) to find out what they want and how satisfied they are with what they are getting.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||FINRA Series 63, FINRA Series 7
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Trading-2-5 yrs, Trading-less than 2 yrs, Accounting and Finance-2-5 yrs, Brokerage Operations-2-5 yrs, Brokerage Operations-less than 2yrs, Financial Services-less than 2 yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs, Accounting and Finance-less than 2 yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix
Category:Brokerage Operations & Trading
Activation Date: Wednesday, August 2, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, August 19, 2017