San Francisco - CA, SF211MN, 211 Main St, 94105-1905
Jessie M. Golden
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Corporate Planning team is responsible for Forecasting, Planning and Reporting firm-wide financials to Finance leadership and corporate executives. We work closely with senior Finance leadership, Treasury, and Risk Management to develop long and short term financial forecasts and capital plans for Charles Schwab and its operating entities. This includes driving corporate planning and forecasting process and deliverables as well as articulating month-end results.
What you’ll do:
This role will have two primary areas of focus. The first focus area is to provide analytical support for forecast assumptions, challenging business unit forecast inputs/metrics and analyzing expenses across the firm to help drive efficiency and consistency for forecasting and planning.
The second area of focus is to assess our Finance platform direction, including understanding and influencing the work being done as we transform our platform and work processes, and to determine what we need from the platform to improve our capabilities for forecasting and reporting.
- Define the strategy for platform development to meet the varying needs of multiple constituents
- Act as the business liaison to the technology team that supports the platforms, coordinating timing of routine activities to support finance processes
- Act as the business lead for projects that impact the Finance teams and platforms. This will require interaction with finance, business and technical partners at all levels (including senior management)
- Be able to understand the forecasting models and communicate requirements with the technology team and understand the impact of the work the technology team performs
- Work with Finance and Technology leaders to prioritize the work queue
What you have:
- Minimum BA/BS with minimum 6-8 years of relevant Finance experience. MBA preferred
- Demonstrated aptitude to think strategically and advise Finance leaders on platform strategy and be able to devise and articulate technical and business process solutions to a wide range of business problems and deliver high-quality, actionable results
- Advanced knowledge of IBM’s TM1 platform, or equivalent, and Excel
- Excellent communication (written / verbal) and interpersonal skills with strong presentation / PowerPoint experience
- Strong process and project management skills
- You must be comfortable partnering with staff and management, working with highly confidential data and be effective in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment
- Strong financial analysis, modeling and data manipulation skills, proficiency with key finance concepts (variance analysis, investment / cash-flow analysis, etc.) and attention to detail
- Outstanding client focus is a must, along with a strong work ethic and “can-do” attitude, with the ability to manage multiple deliverables concurrently
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with San Francisco ordinance 17-14 and federal law and regulations applicable to Charles Schwab.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, Accounting and Finance-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CA - San Francisco
Activation Date: Thursday, August 3, 2017
Expiration Date: Friday, September 1, 2017