Chicago - IL, IL150SW, 150 S Wacker Dr, 60606-4111
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab’s focus on compliance goes back nearly 20 years. We helped to grow the industry from the beginning and have grown with it not by accident but by design, with a series of ‘firsts’, and in some cases ‘onlys’
- The first Proactive Trade Blocking technology
- The first broker dealer to digitize and offer employee monitoring
- The first software as a service tools
- A complete suite of tools and services
As part of the Compliance Solutions team, we have an opportunity to help firms leverage services and tool to help put business ethics and CCO at the center of their businesses, rather than a check box. Join Compliance Solution to empower CCOs and help them demonstrate the power and value of business ethics and Compliance.
What you’ll do:
Production support engineer will serve as key member of the technology team to provide technology support for applications of compliance solutions business.
- Troubleshooting application issues by writing code, compiling, debugging, analyzing and reviewing complex application code
- Troubleshooting and Analyze the financial application issues or defects and suggest technical improvements to the development team
- Provide detailed Technical Root Cause Analysis of the issues identified with analysis of data and application code
- Identify, analysis data issues and perform modification if required to resolve the issues
- Create and Run scripts required for configurations or application support
- Single Sign On Implementation, Support and Technical Troubleshooting with detailed application log analysis and understanding technical system used on the client side.
- Help in client implementations of the custom application services in their configuration, setup and technical communication, which require understanding different enterprise systems and integration.
- Creating Shell Scripts and/or Python Scripts for automating application support requirements
- Technical documentation of support activities and analysis
- May require to perform technical client communication
- Participate in development design discussion
What you have:
The ideal candidate should have approximately 4-6 years of strong background in supporting; troubleshooting and maintaining web applications built using Java, Java scripts, Web services, RDBMS and no-sql data stores.
- 4+ Years of strong experience supporting, maintaining and troubleshooting Web Applications
- Proficiency in using and implementing solutions in RDBMSOh
- 2+ Years of experience working with Oracle SQL
- 2+ years of experience in writing and troubleshooting Oracle PL/SQL code
- Experience in working with Hadoop based Big Data platform like Hortonworks Data Platform; Understanding and working knowledge of Ambari, Yarn, Hive
- Experience in writing and maintaining Windows and/or Shell scripting
- Understanding and working knowledge of REST, Web Services, JMS, AJAX, SSO and Spring frameworks
- Experience in troubleshooting issues with different framework to handle backend data feed processing, scheduling, encryption and feed communication
- Proficient in creating and maintaining Technical Documentation
- Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Strong knowledge of system & software architecture, object-oriented design and working knowledge of microservice architecture
- Domain knowledge of financial services is preferred
- Excellent client communication skills
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||No Work Experience
|Position Located In:
||IL - Chicago
Activation Date: Thursday, August 3, 2017
Expiration Date: Friday, September 1, 2017