Phoenix - AZ, PHX4701A, 4701 E Francisco Dr, 85044-5365
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Technical Director for Network Security Design is a technical leader within the Security Design team, focused on providing expert consultation on network security, application and network resiliency, and general prescriptive security design across the security domains as described within the NIST cyber security framework. This position work partner with the network security team on strong reference designs for DDOS mitigation techniques including both on-prem and service-provider hosted solutions, across volumetric and application use cases. This position will also work with application owners to ensure that their applications are designed to exhibit high resiliency against threat scenarios, and adhere to acceptable network security design principles.
What you’ll do:
- Be a technical leader for network security, and work with the network security team on ensuring acceptable application and network resiliency design.
- Deliver strong candidate and reference designs for network security, including DDOS mitigation techniques including both on-prem and service-provider hosted solutions, across volumetric and application use cases.
- Utilize your experience with application design and security to influence application developers and owners to properly design, prioritize and execute on needed changes to application architecture to enhance application resiliency
- Provide architectural and technical expertise to internal customers and technology teams, including the DDOS Program Manager and DDOS teams
- Participate in network and application DDOS exercises as a subject matter expert
- Update DDOS & other secure infrastructure technology designs with a focus on application resiliency
- Brief team members and leadership on overall design, design effectiveness, and opportunities for improvement
- Ensure that network security, DDOS design patterns and architectures align with the overall network security strategy, macro architecture design, technology/business strategy & direction of the Firm
- Build strong relationships between the Security Design team and other technical and business teams and leaders
- Participate as a member of the Security Design Team, providing security technology consultative advice to the Firm
What you have:
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in one or more of the following areas is required: Information Security, Information Technology, project management, business or security informatics, penetration testing, threat intelligence, audit & assurance, Enterprise Risk Management, Corporate Compliance, security architecture/design strategy, policy or controls development, compliance readiness assessments (i.e. PCI, SOX, GLBA, FFIEC, etc.), system analysis and implementation, network security, network design, DDOS engineer or related function.
- Experience with network security, some application design and resiliency knowledge
- Candidates must understand application threat scenarios, and be experienced in working with development teams on hardening applications to withstand those threats.
- “Glass Half Full” attitude towards opportunities and problem solving
- Understanding of secure application development practices
- Experience with Web Application Firewalls
- Experience with RASP toolkits a plus
- Strong understanding of network protocols, security architecture, and network attach techniques
- Demonstrated integrity and judgment within a professional environment
- Expert understanding of network testing processes and applicable toolsets
- Experience with network hardware, and configurations
- Thorough understanding of the current threat landscape and trends
- Knowledge of network based services and client/server applications
- Knowledge of enterprise systems, network and applicable security designs
Other Required Skills
- Exceptional administrative, organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to successfully interface with leadership and engineers alike
- Ability to influence application developers and owners on applying secure application architecture principles to promote security, integrity and resiliency
- Ability to document and explain technical details to technical staff and executives
- Background in at least one network security discipline (design, implementation, operation, testing)
- Experienced in performing network and/or application security testing – preferably DDOS testing
- Basic understanding of data analytics and reporting
- Ability to provide concise, fact-based communications (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work to a deadline, with occasional same-day turnaround
You demonstrate these behaviors:
Collaborative: Capitalizes on the diverse experience and expertise of colleagues and builds commitment around vision and priorities
Relationship Oriented: Builds trusted relationships with colleagues around the firm and across multiple levels of the organization
Exceptional Communicator: Communicates clearly, authentically and persuasively
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Management/Technical Project Mgmt-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix
Activation Date: Wednesday, August 2, 2017
Expiration Date: Sunday, April 1, 2018