Chicago - IL, IL150SW, 150 S Wacker Dr, 60606-4111
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab’s focus on compliance goes back nearly 20 years. We helped to grow the industry from the beginning and have grown with it not by accident but by design, with a series of ‘firsts’, and in some cases ‘onlys’
- The first Proactive Trade Blocking technology
- The first broker dealer to digitize and offer employee monitoring
- The first software as a service tools
- A complete suite of tools and services
As part of the Compliance Solutions team, we have an opportunity to help firms leverage services and tool to help put business ethics and CCO at the center of their businesses, rather than a check box. Join Compliance Solution to empower CCOs and help them demonstrate the power and value of business ethics and Compliance.
What you’ll do:
Do you want to be part of a team that implements secure and extensible industry leading applications? Do you have a passion for Agile Scrum? We are looking for a Scrum Master to lead teams to support enhancements and new systems to support Compliance Solutions business. He or She will provide strong leadership to the team to support agile development efforts and perform the following:
- Execute on Scrum Master Responsibilities that include organizing and facilitating daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings.
- Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress, maintain process documentation.
- Ensure that the development teams are practicing/following core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility.
- Collaborate closely with other Scrum Masters.
- Update agile tracking systems to provide transparency on Product & Sprint Backlogs; Recommend improvements and assist in changes to best practice; Support Development Managers and Project Leads as necessary.
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and information sharing.
- Motivate, inspire, and shield project team
- Strong ability to remove impediments
- Assist team with making appropriate commitments through story selection and task definition; Identify and remove impediments; prevent distractions that interfere with the ability of the team to deliver the sprint goal; Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution.
- Empower the teams to self-organize; improve the productivity of the sprint teams; ensure that the team strives to make each increment of functionality potentially releasable.
- Participate in the organization and planning of the development schedule based on methodology that has been developed to create a cohesive plan with identifiable platform dependencies, and major milestones, and manages the agreed user stories and schedules, ensuring successful completion within scope, budget, time, and quality parameters.
What you have:
The candidate MUST have demonstrated experience leading Agile Scrum teams working closely with product owners and technical teams implementing solutions.
- Two or more years of work experience as a Scrum Master
- Six or more years of project management experience, managing multiple large, complex and cross functional projects, with emphasis on systems, technologies, business process redesign, and knowledge of technical environments
- Previous technical experience working with the Java or Oracle database(nice to have)
- Experience managing multiple priorities in a dynamic, geographically dispersed environment
- Exceptional communication, organization, and time management skills
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Change Management/Release Management-6+ yrs, Analyst/Strategy-less than 2 yrs, IT-Mainframe (Systems Prog/App Dev)-less than 2 yrs, IT-Distributed and Web Development-less than 2yrs, Brokerage Operations-less than 2yrs, IT-Software Quality Assurance (QA)-less than 2 yrs, IT-DBA-less than 2 yrs, Internal Audit, Financial Services-less than 2 yrs, Risk Analysis, Accounting and Finance-less than 2 yrs, Compliance
|Position Located In:
||IL - Chicago
Activation Date: Wednesday, August 2, 2017
Expiration Date: Thursday, August 31, 2017