We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Client Experience Technology (CET) team is responsible for leading a coordinated technology approach to developing and maintaining Schwab’s primary digital channels. Our goal is to create a seamless experience across our mobile, web and downloadable platforms that are powerful yet simple for our customers to use. Integral to a highly scalable yet customized suite of platforms is the need for a strong CSS, Accessibility, and User Experience offering within technology
What you’ll do:
We are looking for a talented Senior/Lead Developer to join the CET STRATEGIC INITIATIVES team. This individual should have a passion for keeping up-to-date and using cutting-edge web technologies to build interactive web applications. The job will include design and development of Websites while also addressing complicated scalability requirements. The candidate should have strong object oriented design and programming skills using Windows .NET C#, REST or Soap Services, Web APIs, MongoDB (or SQL), PHP, Drupal and experience implementing object oriented solutions.
What you have:
- You are self-directed and interact with technology and business partners at all levels.
- You should be comfortable in a fast-paced customer focused environment that continually embraces the latest technologies and techniques.
- Expert in Building websites using Web Content Management Systems like Drupal 8.
- Developing against SQL Like SQL Server/NoSQL systems like MongoDB, Web API and RESTful service.
- Experience and a desire to mentor peers and junior staff
- Understanding of Agile software development principles along with experience participating in agile projects
- Experience with TDD & BDD a plus
- Self-motivated, quick learner who can manage multiple projects with minimal direction
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin
Activation Date: Saturday, July 8, 2017
Expiration Date: Wednesday, November 1, 2017