Chicago - IL, IL150SW, 150 S Wacker Dr, 60606-4111
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab’s focus on compliance goes back nearly 20 years.We helped to grow the industry from the beginning and have grown with it not by accident but by design, with a series of ‘firsts’, and in some cases ‘onlys’
- The first Proactive Trade Blocking technology
- The first broker dealer to digitize and offer employee monitoring
- The first software as a service tools
- A complete suite of tools and services
As part of the Compliance Solutions team, we have an opportunity to help firms leverage services and tool to help put business ethics and CCO at the center of their businesses, rather than a check box. Join Compliance Solution to empower CCOs and help them demonstrate the power and value of business ethics and Compliance.
Sr. Business System Analyst will be a highly motivated and self-driven individual with at least 6-8 years of experience that thrives in a fast pace, exciting technical development environment. This role provides an opportunity to leverage strong analytical skills to solve complex business problems across multiple functional areas, while also providing technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and applications to support client requirements. This role is also critical in driving significant enhancements and streamlining processes which will facilitate bringing more flexible products to the market quicker.
What you’ll do:
The Sr. BSA within Schwab Compliance Technology will focus on the converting business requests into technical functional requirements and will be involved from requirements discovery, development through deployment phases of software development life cycle.
- Translate business needs into technical solutions and corresponding functional & technical requirements for software development process.
- Develop functional system documentation, data, activity & flow diagrams, data mappings, wire frames when required.
- Drive significant enhancements and work on streamlining processes along with introduction of new technologies to bring more flexible products to market quickly.
- Help in grooming of user stories and identifying requirements to drive the solution design
- Build key relationships with stakeholders and communicates with partners.
- Facilitate effective requirement discovery meetings while exhibiting confidence and extensive knowledge of business requirements and technology best practices.
- Partnering with business organizations to ensure expectations are met and acting as a liaison between business and technical teams to resolve issues.
- Participate in troubleshooting, analysis and resolution of Production Support issues by answering and providing details on key functional questions regarding application behavior.
- Help in different stages of the development life cycle to resolve issues or obstacles regarding requirements for development teams to build the solution, helps in test case reviews and design reviews.
What you have:
- 6+ Years of Business System Analysis experience writing business requirements, technical requirements, impact analysis, and system/product documentation.
- Knowledge of the financial industry is must. Knowledge of trading platforms and trading related application is preferred, financial compliance knowledge will be plus
- Demonstrated experience in collaborating with business and technical teams to understand requirements
- Ability to analyze data, data flow and generate data mappings to provide business solutions
- Experience in doing impact analysis and understanding data changes in upstream/downstream systems
- Solid experience and understanding of Waterfall and Agile Methodologies.
- Experience and working knowledge of Web Applications, Databases, Web Services, Java, feed processing technologies.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, influencing, prioritization, decision- making and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong knowledge of MS Project, Excel, Word and Visio, UML tools, Wire framing tools, Requirements management tools & SDLC tools.
- Ability to handle tasks with competing priorities
- Experience working with peers with varying levels of experience.
- Prior experience/familiarity with interfacing with QA and production support
- Solid verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Analyst/Strategy-2-5 yrs, IT-Mainframe (Systems Prog/App Dev)-less than 2 yrs, Trading-less than 2 yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs, IT-System Administration-2-5 yrs, Risk Analysis, Project Management-less than 2 yrs, IT-DBA-2-5 yrs, IT-Management/Technical Project Mgmt-less than 2 yrs, Compliance
|Position Located In:
||IL - Chicago, AZ - Phoenix
Activation Date: Tuesday, August 1, 2017
Expiration Date: Wednesday, August 30, 2017