San Francisco - CA, SF211MN, 211 Main St, 94105-1905
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Director, Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) will serve as a trusted and collaborative advisor providing proactive, practical and valued HR thought partnership and consultation to leadership within Compliance & Legal Services, Corporate Risk Management, and Internal Audit while ensuring alignment with Schwab’s corporate culture and business initiatives.
What you’ll do:
- Diagnose, translate, and define current and future business needs into an overall integrated strategic HR plan for the client function.
- As an HR Business Partner, serve as a change agent and member of the client management staff to help drive strategic growth plans and objectives across the organization.
- Provide organizational development interventions and support including organization design, leadership transitions, proactive change management, and enhance communication processes.
- Assess organization capabilities; identify competency and talent gaps, ensure development of people resources; support talent assessment and succession planning.
- Initiate and maintain effective communications with management staff and employees; provide coaching and guidance on matters related to performance management, offer feedback on style and behaviors to improve employee productivity and engagement.
- Ensure and maintain the alignment of all corporate HR initiatives and programs, implement and deliver HR programs within the business.
- Deliver high quality, proactive HR consultation that enables the attainment of strategic business goals and critical initiatives in light of client growth objectives.
What you have:
- 10+ years in overall Human Resource Management operating as an HR Business Partner in a large to mid-size bank or financial services firm.
- Experience working with regulators and internal auditors is required.
- Strong executive presence, proven ability to influence and coach leaders, and exceptional interpersonal skills are key.
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders and competing priorities with a sense of urgency and the ability to pivot quickly based on changing needs of the business.
- Significant experience with workforce analytics plus the ability to use data and reporting to drive strategic decisions.
- A proven track record of developing and leading organizational change initiatives that deliver real business results.
- Ability to travel as dictated by business needs (estimated 5-10%).
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with San Francisco ordinance 17-14 and federal law and regulations applicable to Charles Schwab.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Human Resources-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CA - San Francisco
Activation Date: Monday, July 31, 2017
Expiration Date: Sunday, October 1, 2017