Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab is looking for a Sr. Manager who will be responsible for our newly built Enterprise Data Aggregation platform. This leader will be responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day running of the team along with recruiting, performance management, career growth and supporting our development, technology and business partners’ needs. In addition to this, the leader will be responsible for setting up development best practices, processes and tools to ensure we are a model for the rest of the organization. Our ideal candidate is a confident self-starter who's not afraid to get his hands dirty and so has a strong development background, communicates well, and is passionate about service development, No-SQL technology and the web. Lastly, they will also be required to manage resources across disparate locations and financial products so will require an understanding or experience with both.
What you’ll do:
- Leading technical teams in delivering highly scalable and reliable applications that meet business budgets/timelines while ensuring alignment to strategic technology vision.
- Managing day-to-day activities and influence team members to leverage, follow and support agile software development practices; includes the following:
- Develop and document resourcing roadmaps, budgets and schedules
- Ensure team is properly engaged, aware of career milestones/path, aware of their role on the team and how it relates to others, lastly aware of their contributions to our overall goals
- Lead all recruiting activities across the team (create different avenues when necessary)
- Identify and document the roles, tasks, and responsibilities of each team member
- Assist the 'Run' and 'Support' teams in building durable systems/applications and ensuring a low MTTR (mean time to resolution).
- Identify gaps/risks early and establish mitigation plans (both technically & with regards to resources)
- Work with our business partners and build relationships with key leaders in other groups to ensure proper funding/support is provided.
- Continually strive for improvements in process, talent acquisition/retention, application time-to-market and quality.
- Provide hands-on technical coding and mentoring when necessary
What you have:
4+ years of software development management/leadership experience with at least 2 years focused on web services and related technologies
10+ year’s of hands-on software development experience
Strong experience developing/managing REST and SOAP-based Web Service API(s) in a transaction processing environment
Proficient building server side applications with either Java or C#
Experience in the following:
Web Servers (IIS or Tomcat preferred)
Technologies such as WebAPI, LINQ, Async, WCF, XML, JSON, XSLT.
Frameworks like Spring, Hibernate, etc...
Patterns like SOA, MVC, DI, IOC, etc...
Worked with distributed caching technologies along with No-SQL databases
Proficient managing multiple priorities in a dynamic, geographically dispersed environment
Deep understanding of SDLC, agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures
Ability to analyze, propose and implement timely, cost effective, quality solutions for all issues or problems within area of responsibility
Strong influencing, negotiation, and, problem-solving skills with an ability to ability to identify stakeholders, assess their needs and manage their expectations through effective communication
Excellent verbal and written communication skills required for composing and delivering technical presentations or other forms of documentation to various level of technical and non-technical management
Conceptual knowledge of financial accounts/positions
Demonstrated ability to quickly get up to speed on complex financial concepts and apply to technical solutions
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related fields is required
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin
Activation Date: Sunday, July 9, 2017
Expiration Date: Wednesday, November 1, 2017