San Francisco - CA, SF211MN, 211 Main St, 94105-1905
Axle J Marcoline
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab Investment Management (CSIM), the asset management arm of Charles Schwab Corporation, has approximately $300 Billion in assets under management (AUM) and is one of the nation’s largest retail money managers. CSIM provides a wide variety of products ranging from money market funds, index mutual funds, actively managed mutual funds, exchange traded funds and multi-asset fund-of-funds. As a provider of core investment products, CSIM is both an important enabler in fulfilling Schwab’s mission of helping everyone be financially fit and critical engine in the company’s profitability and growth.
Lead a Business Intelligence team responsible for supporting the reporting needs of CSIM business partners. Work closely with business partners to define requirements and implement appropriate reporting solutions to support business needs. Collaborate with technology and data management teams on implementation of shared strategic initiatives and reporting solutions.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the Business Intelligence team responsible for designing, developing, testing and producing reports and analysis to support business needs
- Effectively collaborate with business partners and technology teams to coordinate reporting and process enhancements in response to business needs
- Work to identify and implement reporting best practices to streamline the processes for producing new and on-going reports
- Coordinate with business partners to define requirements, design and implement appropriate reporting solutions.
- Work collaboratively and build strong relationships with business and technology partners in order to identify and build consensus on implementation of reporting priorities and strategic initiatives
- Provide leadership and support for reporting applications that ensures business agility, ease of use and self-service or end users that includes internal and external BI products
- Partner with technology and data management teams on developing requirements for data acquisition and analysis
What you have:
- 10+ years of experience leading a team of Business Intelligence Analysts
- Experience with visualization technology, including SSRS, Tableau, Business Objects or similar BI tools.
- Strong experience in BI implementation.
- Experience with data warehouse/lake, data visualization architecture, and data modeling concepts
- Familiarity with data warehouse concepts
- Experience in implementing Eagle PACE Datawarehouse/BI solution is desirable
- MS SQL Server, Oracle, and Teradata database experience.
- Financial Services experience required, preferably in Investment Management
- Knowledge of mutual funds, ETFs strongly preferred
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
This is a summary only and duties and responsibilities may be changed from time to time, or over time
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with San Francisco ordinance 17-14 and federal law and regulations applicable to Charles Schwab.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, Investment Management - 6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree, CA - San Francisco, CO - Denver
Category:Investment Management & Research
Activation Date: Monday, July 24, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, January 27, 2018