Looking for a career with purpose, aligned values, and work/life balance? Advisor Custody & Trading (ACT) is the industry leader in providing custodial, trading, technology and practice management to independent advisory firms. The ACT Core service teams add value to IA firms across the country by providing exceptional customer service, consultative account management guidance, and operational support.
What is an Investment Advisor (IA)? An advisor or firm engaged in the investment advisory business and registered either with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or state securities authorities.
What you’ll do:
Our Relationship Specialists build trust and inspire confidence through exceptional service, one connection at a time. In the ACT Core Team you’re joining a team of client relationship professionals with a passion for working with and educating different advisors about Schwab services in a fast-paced, inbound service center environment. Additionally, you will:
- Complete a 16-week training and licensing course that will prepare you for success in Advisor Services
- Practice active listening, open ended dialogue, and rapport building to gain a thorough understanding of Advisors’ needs in an effort to enhance their loyalty with Schwab
- Assist with client inquiries related to investments, tax reporting, transfers, and other account information
- Educate our Advisors on the latest technology and tools to help them grow and become more self-sufficient
- Recognize new or additional business opportunities for further follow up
- Assist in processing and resolving operational items, including not in good order processing, status inquiries, communication, and support
- Manage 30-50 incoming calls and customer inquiries on average per day
- Provide accurate, valid, and complete information by using the appropriate online and in-house resources
- Collaborate with internal partners to ensure timely and accurate delivery of information
- Select opportunities to grow into a relationship management or sales position further in your career
What our Advisor clients say: “Schwab is constantly surveying, constantly talking with firms like ours to understand where we see the future of our business, so they can help lead us there. This is unusual. A custodian, generally speaking, will follow. Schwab leads.” —Ralph D. Sinsheimer, The Solaris Group, New York, New York
What you have:
- Successful completion of our Client Focus Assessment which measures potential talent and role fit
- Active Series 7 and 63 licenses, or the ability to successfully pass and obtain these licenses under a condition of employment
- Excellent operational and organizational skills with the ability to manage complex work, be self-directed, and quickly develop a full understanding of our business
- Keen problem solver with the ability to think on your feet
- Strong phone contact handling and written communication skills
- Team orientation, enthusiasm, professionalism and strong work ethic with high level of integrity and ethics
- Ability to simultaneously balance multiple priorities while effectively achieving required metrics.
- Service oriented with the ability to adapt and flex to evolving needs of the client
- Customer service or relationship management preferred (internships and collegiate activities will be considered)
- Ability to act as a resource for others and for the development of the team’s effectiveness
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred
“Schwab is a collaborative, teamwork environment that I truly treasure. When we start with teamwork, anything is possible.” – Elizabeth Chu, Relationship Specialist, Advisor Custody & Trading
Where you’ll be:
The greater Phoenix area's sunny climate, vibrant lifestyle and prospering business community attract thousands of visitors, new residents and entrepreneurs annually. The nation’s sixth-largest city, Phoenix continues to grow and remains a desirable destination for travelers and dreamers alike. More than four million people call the Valley of the Sun home, and enjoy its 300 annual days of sunshine, while another 13 million visit Phoenix each year for its outstanding weather, beautiful landscapes and southwestern hospitality. Residents enjoy relaxed living and numerous outlets for recreation and entertainment, including some 200 golf courses, pro and college sports teams, concert venues and museums.
Schwab is continuously growing in the Phoenix market and has been voted a “Top Workplace”. Schwab is located at 2423 East Lincoln Drive, Phoenix, AZ 85016.
Interested in this position but have some questions? Join us for Schwab Talks Talent hosted by our Service & Support team on the 2nd Wednesday of the month. Click here to register for our next virtual event; we look forward to meeting you!
What you’ll get:
Sabbatical Program, Employee Wellness Program, Volunteer Time, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Resource Groups and --- the opportunity to do the best work of your life!
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized Advice, Brokerage Discounts
- Culture of employee development and promoting from within
- The ability to earn an annual bonus based on company results and personal performance
- Learn more about Life@Schwab
- See Charles Schwab Benefits for more details
- Hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at Schwab
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. All applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status (disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans), or based on any individual’s status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||FINRA Series 7
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Trading-6+ yrs, Trading-2-5 yrs, Customer Service-less than 2 yrs, Brokerage Operations-2-5 yrs, Brokerage Operations-less than 2yrs, Brokerage Operations-6+ yrs, Financial Services-6+ yrs, Campus Programs, Trading-less than 2 yrs, Customer Service-6+ yrs, Customer Service-2-5 yrs, Accounting and Finance-2-5 yrs, Financial Services-less than 2 yrs, Accounting and Finance-6+ yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs, Accounting and Finance-less than 2 yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix