Chicago - IL, BRILLP, 150 S Wacker Dr, 60606-4111
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
This position requires an individual who is passionate about building and growing a best-in-class software development team, driving and leading change and modernizing technology platforms to facilitate efficient growth for a key Schwab business. The Corporate Brokerage Solutions Technology team is seeking an experienced leader to drive software delivery and platform modernization initiatives in a large enterprise.
What you’ll do:
The successful candidate will drive and influence change at all levels of the organization. This individual must have strong organizational and people leadership capabilities to grow teams and team-members and to plan, build and run platforms and capabilities to support Compliance Solutions, a business targeted for significant growth and technology investment to modernize and scale existing platforms and to build new capabilities for the Schwab enterprise. Candidates should have a passion for driving continuous improvement while leveraging best practices to deliver software, platforms and solutions for Schwab and its customers.
What you have:
- Ability to influence and steer development for both business teams as well as development teams and software engineers
- Leading and developing strategic roadmaps, executing roadmaps and orchestrating change management and communication strategies for teams and business partners.
- Broad and deep knowledge of IT/software technology & trends, domain knowledge and experience in web and mobile app development, infrastructure support and database administration including: cloud and client/server architectures, APIs and web services, portal, middleware, operating systems, databases, networking, security & business intelligence.
- Defining and communicating strategy and vision and influence broadly across the Enterprise at all levels
- Ability to guide teams during Planning, Sprint Zero and JAD sessions to ensure appropriate focus, scope and execution for flexible, scalable, holistic technology solutions
- Proven track record in successfully sourcing, standing up and supporting Agile teams working on large scale transformational initiatives, including coaching and mentoring of individuals and teams both onshore and offshore
- Strong understanding of Agile methodologies such as Scrum, XP and Kanban
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal) and ability to influence all levels of the organization from Scrum team members to executives
- Strong knowledge of software development, testing, maintenance and support.
- Good knowledge of development toolsets to support software delivery, testing and deployment including the Atlassian Suite of products: Jira, Confluence, HipChat, Bamboo, BitBucket, Zephyr, Zapi.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to independently work as a contributing member in a high-paced and focused team.
- Ability to thrive in a flexible and fast-paced environment across multiple time zones and locations.
- Ability to identify talent, recruit, hire, and build high performing teams/talent onboarding, including execution of the STS Target Operating Model
- Ability to build and leverage systems of management and control to appropriately act on opportunities -- and to report on and present a holistic picture to stakeholders of Plan/Build/Run performance and value
- Bachelor's degree is required in Computer Science or related discipline
- 10+ years of IT project experience in technical, project and offshore vendor management capabilities is desired
- Demonstrated experience running large/complex organizations with 3+ years of experience in Financial Services Industry.
- 5+ years of people management experience with at least 5 direct reports is mandatory
- 5+ Years’ experience with running medium to large/complex projects with multiple dependencies using Agile processes in planning, implementation and support of business application components, including change & release management.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Management/Technical Project Mgmt-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||IL - Chicago
Activation Date: Friday, July 28, 2017
Expiration Date: Sunday, October 29, 2017