Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
Lara Lynn Nolen
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Core Technology Solutions (CTS) QA is a centralized technology quality assurance/testing group which provides support for multiple applications and technology groups. These diverse applications support back office broker/dealer functions such as Customer Account Technology, Integrated Client View, Client Reporting, Tax, Fixed Income, BPM and many more. This group has a collaborative group of experts in automation design across CTS. Team members partner with various project teams to best determine what to automate, develop a cost-benefit analysis and return on investment and architect a solution.
What you’ll do:
- Support Quality Assurance and testing teams vide script automation for web services, APIs, middleware, UI, etc.
- Plan, design, mange, report and prioritize software test automation solutions with Dev and QA engineers across various applications
- Debug, troubleshoot and solve problems, as well as disseminate complex ideas in a simplified fashion
- Promote excellent development practices for coded test frameworks, to include participating in code reviews and source control management.
- Evaluate new technology or processes to support sustainable, continuous test automation
- Demonstrate programming ability in Object Oriented Programming (OOP) through creation and maintenance of application agnostic coded test automation frameworks
- Maintain tools used in during test development including source control, test management and release systems
- Mentor peers and staff on test engineering for QA, network with other automation teams within Schwab and derive automation best practices for continuous improvement.
- Experience working with resources in different geographical locations and offshore vendors
What you have:
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or a related field
• 3-5 years of experience in Software Quality Assurance
• 2+ years of hands on application programming and test automation experience
• Good understanding of QA practices (black box testing, white box testing, risk based testing, system testing, regression testing, exploratory testing practices)
• ETL testing, including Informatica, SQL Query or similar tools
• Strong technical competency in an OOP language such as C#.NET or Java
• Working knowledge of Agile, Iterative development process and methodologies is essential
• Big data testing, including Informatica, Hadoop, MS SSIS, SQL Query or similar tools preferred
• Experience with Service Oriented Architecture Quality Assurance, knowledge of testing API orchestration layers, real-time messaging interfaces such as RabbitMQ and Service Virtualization platforms (Parasoft, CA, etc.) is preferred
• Team player with excellent communication skills (oral and written) to partner technically with Application Architects, Development, QA/Testing organizations and Business teams
• Experience in automated test framework(s) for enterprise level functional and regression testing preferably in a Java/Maven environment Selenium, LeanFT, TOSCA or other industry leading tool sets
• Experience in Atlassian suite of tools (Jira, Zephyr, Confluence) is preferred
• Hands on experience with DevOps and Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins/Bamboo/GIT etc.) is preferred
• Exposure to a regulatory environment (like Banking & Finance or Health care etc.) is a plus
• Passion for building solutions through automation, driven by innovation and commitment to lifelong learning
• Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Software Quality Assurance (QA)-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree, TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Thursday, July 27, 2017
Expiration Date: Friday, February 23, 2018