San Francisco - CA, SF211MN, 211 Main St, 94105-1905
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab's Investor Services Strategy group is the internal strategy group for the Retail business unit of the firm. Investor Services drives ~70% of total revenue for Charles Schwab, offering clients services across wealth management, brokerage, trading, and Schwab ETF and Mutual Fund products. The group is one of the main intake valves for top-tier talent at Schwab and provides members with an unparalleled opportunity to define and work on the business’s major strategic opportunities while gaining visibility among the firm's senior leadership. The goals of the group are to deliver world-class strategy; conduct clear, consistent, fact-based analysis to inform key business decisions; and drive the allocation of scarce resources to the highest-value issues across Schwab.
What you’ll do:
The Director is responsible for delivering thoughtful, insightful contributions to Retail’s core strategic work. The Director works in a team setting, reporting to a Vice President and working with multiple constituents across Schwab’s business units. Projects are broad in scope and require creativity and world-class strategic thinking, as well as strong project management and leadership skills. The successful candidate must be energetic and enthusiastic about strategy and also have experience with financial services strategy. They will be self-motivated, results oriented and able to independently lead major strategic initiatives. Strong client-focus is a must.
Directors interact with senior members of Schwab’s leadership team and executive partners within the business units. Projects are growth focused. Representative project work includes branch network expansion strategy, SPS retention strategy, “the next trillion” of asset growth, International expansion, the Future of Advice at Schwab, etc.
What you have:
- MBA and/or post-grad education required
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience managing strategic consulting engagements is required; previous work experience in strategy, preferably with a top-tier consulting firm or strategy group within a financial services firm
- Demonstrated track record of developing business strategies that create real value and are managed in a way that ensure a smooth transition to implementation and opportunity realization
- An appropriate balance of objective, analytical orientation with a desire to move things to conclusion and deliver results
- Ability to command respect by demonstrating mature intellectual and managerial leadership
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as the ability to develop concise and effective communications tailored to specific audiences
- Superior analytical skills, research capabilities and attention to detail
- Experience leading others both directly and indirectly
- Comfort in a dynamic and fast-moving work environment
- Strong interest and passion for our industry
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with San Francisco ordinance 17-14 and federal law and regulations applicable to Charles Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Product Development-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CA - San Francisco
Activation Date: Thursday, July 27, 2017
Expiration Date: Friday, September 1, 2017