We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
As a member of the Advisor Services Technology team, you will be immersed in a collaborative, innovative, and technically
challenging environment. We're looking for leaders who are enthusiastic about learning new and existing technologies in order to provide exceptional software solutions.
What you’ll do:
As a Staff Developer you will be responsible for helping to deliver quality Advisor Services technology and software initiatives by:
- Provide creative technical solutions to new business requirements and
partner with the business owners to implement the solution
- Design, development, testing, deployment, and support of technology for
Advisor Service Trading applications
- Supporting applications and systems in a production environment
- Reviewing requirements and translating them into a documented technical
- Working with an Agile team to deliver solutions
- Interacting with individuals from across Schwab in different supporting
organizations and business groups
What you have:
As a Staff Developer you will have the skills and experience necessary in order to:
- Provide solid technical input to new business and technical requirements and partner with the business owners, architects, and Schwab governance boards to design and implement a solution
- Design and develop new applications and software updates in an enterprise software environment, using object-oriented analysis and design in one or more languages (Java, C#), to support business and technology initiatives
- Support and enhance new and existing applications across a variety of technologies and programming languages
- Apply analytical and problem solving skills to translate business needs into production software
- Actively collaborate with your Agile team, and other organizations throughout Schwab to support the full software development lifecycle
- Provide production support for advisors and internal users dependent upon our 24x7 applications by debugging, troubleshooting and resolving issues efficiently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Technologies supported by Advisor Services
You will need to design for and/or support applications which rely on the following:
- .Net C# and/or Java.
- Relational database management systems (RDBMS) with SQL and stored procedures (Oracle and MS SQL Server)
- TFS/Jira (or other agile work tracking systems)
- Excel, Word, Visio
- Experience with Powerbuilder, Unix/Linux, Power Shell is a plus.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix
Activation Date: Monday, July 24, 2017
Expiration Date: Monday, January 1, 2018