Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
Sarah L Timms
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
We are looking for a results-oriented technology leader with a strong track record of architecting enterprise solutions. The Portfolio Management Technology group within Advisor Services Technology provides a suite of Portfolio Management products to Registered Investment Advisors (RIAs) and we are looking for an Architect to provide technical leadership to agile teams tasked with delivering a next-gen Portfolio Management System. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in software engineering, architecture, and large-scale delivery in a fast-paced, agile environment and must be capable of influencing across the enterprise and partnering with business stakeholders to drive product vision and execution.
What you’ll do:
The primary responsibility of the Technical Director - Architect is to provide technical leadership and direction to a group of Agile teams focused on delivery. The role requires a deep understanding of industry trends and working with other Architects across Schwab to align with enterprise technology strategy, best practices, and complying will all governance requirements. In addition, this individual will work closely with Management, tech leads, development and QA engineers, scrum masters, and project management to ensure that all stakeholders have the necessary direction and feedback to deliver product features at regular intervals, on-time, and with high-quality. This individual must have strong technology leadership capabilities. The ability to understand and align with business goals, and communicate to senior business and technology leadership is an essential component of the role. Candidates should have a passion for emerging technologies and be capable of influencing and inspiring the team in developing innovative solutions that meet the business needs.
What you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Strong track of technology leadership, architecting solutions, and influencing
- Leadership qualities which engineers recognize and respect
- Good judgment and the ability to handle stressful situations
- Broad knowledge of Web technologies: languages, frameworks, techniques, industry trends, etc.
- 10+ years of software engineering experience (Java, .NET preferred)
- 3+ years architecting scalable, highly-available technical solutions
- Demonstrated track record of making technical decisions at the application and organization level (vendor/technology selection, solution architecture, assessing tradeoffs)
- Experience architecting and/or developing cloud-based or cloud-ready apps strong preferred
- Experience with CI/CD (Atlassian tool suite preferred)
- Experience with Agile development methodology and Test-Driven Development
- Demonstrated ability to define and communicate technical strategy and vision and influence across the Enterprise is essential
- Demonstrated ability to effectively inspire and influence teams and partners in delivering technology-enabled business solutions that meet business needs
- Ability to execute at scale in a dynamic environment
- Ability to build strong relationships and promote collaboration
- Ability to coach, mentor, and provide direct, timely feedback
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to independently work as a contributing member in a high-paced and focused team
- Good verbal and written communication skills
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Distributed and Web Development-6+ yrs, IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin
Activation Date: Thursday, July 20, 2017
Expiration Date: Tuesday, January 30, 2018