Raleigh - NC, RALEIGH, 434 Fayetteville St, 27601-1701
Christal Lynn Fortunato
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Since 1985, Schwab Performance Technologies (SPT), a subsidiary of The Charles Schwab Corporation, has been a leading provider of portfolio data management and reporting solutions for independent financial advisors. Our ability to deliver innovative solutions tailored to the needs of advisors has made us a trusted partner to our clients. PortfolioServices is a web-based portfolio management and performance reporting solution that is managed by a dedicated service team at SPT. With PortfolioServices, advisors can see a complete picture of their clients' investments at a glance, no matter where they are held in custody. By leveraging both our technology platform and our expertise, advisors can streamline portfolio management and reporting tasks and significantly reduce the time, money and resources spent on back-office functions. The people that make up the various teams on PortfolioServices have the responsibility of managing advisor relationships, the integrity of their financial data and developing new processes both internally and externally. Extensive training in both the technical aspect and relationship management aspect is provided to ensure individual success and ongoing personal development.
What you’ll do:
As a Specialist in PortfolioServices you will be responsible for fostering and maintaining the most important aspect of the Schwab/Advisor relationship: trust. You will be the primary contact for a number of financial advisory firms, providing up-to-date and correct data, quarterly deliverables and industry-leading client service. You will however, not be alone in your work. You will be part of a team of experienced and dedicated professionals. PortfolioServices is a place where your success and that of your team will directly influence a diverse and growing market of Registered Investment Advisors (RIAs). As a Portfolio Analyst, you will: Provide correct, up-to-date data on a daily basis to multiple firms using the available tools provided by both Schwab Performance Technologies and Charles Schwab & Co. Manage and anticipate issues that occur due to data inaccuracies, advisor expectations and market fluctuations. Coordinate and assume day-to-day responsibilities to maintain a dedicated level of trust between the advisor and the firm. Find ways to improve both internal processes and the processes of the firms you manage. Demonstrate energy, empathy, and problem solving skills while delivering unparalleled value and outstanding service to our advisors. Collaborate with other Schwab professionals to resolve complex advisor inquiries, and develop knowledge of SPT products and services. Partner with other internal departments to resolve advisor questions and follow up accordingly until issues are resolved. Serve as a subject matter expert internally at Schwab and externally with our advisors.
What you have:
- BA/BS degree preferred
- Client service experience
- Strong knowledge of financial services industry, particularly the RIA industry, portfolio accounting, securities and custodial data feeds.
- Mastery of PortfolioCenter and PortfolioServices technology solutions Proven success with PortfolioServices processes and tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills a must with the ability to listen to and explain complex subjects and solutions in a clear manner externally with advisors and internally with all departments and business partners at Schwab
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills a must
- Ability to maintain professionalism in high-pressure situations and maintain strong relationships with high-end advisors
- Ability to deliver exceptional client service that delights advisors while demonstrating ownership and accountability to ensure that all inquiries are handled efficiently and accurately
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-less than 2 yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||NC - Raleigh
Category:Brokerage Operations & Trading
Activation Date: Tuesday, July 18, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, August 19, 2017