Lone Tree - CO, DENR3, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The position is with the Fraud Governance and Reporting Team, which is a part of the Corporate Investigations (Fraud) group. We are under the larger organization of Financial Crimes Compliance (FCC), within Compliance/Legal Services. The department assists in the assessment of Fraud risk presented to the business and the affirmative commitment to the safeguarding of customer and corporate assets against Fraud. A key objective of the organization is driving ongoing improvement to the Corporation’s abilities to mitigate Fraud risk and meet regulatory obligations.
We are currently seeking a Sr. Manager of Fraud Business Analysis who can understand and translate the needs of the business through the use of technology and process improvement. The Sr. Manager of Fraud Business Analysis will ensure deliverables are aligned with business needs and requirements, provide advice, and work cross functionally within Compliance.
What you’ll do:
As a direct report to the Managing Director of Fraud Governance and Reporting, the Sr. Manager of Fraud Business Analysis will oversee a variety of different types of planning deliverables including:
- Manage system upgrade initiatives by partnering with technology and FCC teams, driving department needs with regards to business requirements, user acceptance testing, and implementation.
- Assist with identification of operational efficiency improvements, process reengineering, and infrastructure upgrades and deployments projects.
- Regular communication with partners within Compliance and across business lines.
- Support the creation, editing and publication of metrics and reporting.
- Understands business challenges, goals, workflow, organizational structure, constraints, solutions to business problems; and detailed requirements for both business and technology.
- Develop business requirements for projects and participate in user acceptance testing (UAT).
- Drive results through problem solving.
- Key Skills for Success include:
- A strong understanding of Corporate Investigations and/or AML Investigations and how associated processes tie to the department’s goals and objectives;
- Knowledge of existing Fraud case management platforms that are utilized within FCC and leveraged by other areas of the firm;
- Ability to identify potential opportunities for process improvements/adjustments based on technology improvements to Fraud and AML case management systems
- Identify and analyze business and technology requirements
- Manage project requirements across functional groups
- Communicate with stakeholders at all levels and identify their needs
What you have:
- 5 (five) or more years of experience conducting Fraud and/or AML investigations, filing Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) and properly documenting investigation results in a case management system.
- Experience with Fraud and/or AML investigations technology, including monitoring systems and case management systems.
- Five plus years of experience in the financial services industry.
- Excellent analytical, quantitative skills.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills.
- Strong PC skills in MS office applications, with advanced knowledge of Excel, SharePoint and PowerPoint.
- Ability to learn new systems quickly and to adapt to changing business conditions.
- Experience obtaining data from database applications and working efficiently with large data sets.
- Experience with analyzing data and information, and applying problem-solving skills to deliver recommendations and drive to results.
- Ability to identify and implement process improvements and efficiencies.
- Comfort in a dynamic and fast-moving work environment, with a positive attitude and solid work ethic.
- Identify and solves problems creatively; ability to think beyond immediate consequences.(Required)
- Self-motivated, results-oriented self-starter and proven ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Excellent time management, organizational skills and ability to prioritize business needs.
- Team player with an ability to build relationships across all levels of an organization.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Fraud and/or AML investigations protocol/Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)
- BA/BS Degree (Preferred).
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, Banking-6+ yrs, Regulatory, Financial Services-2-5 yrs, Compliance, Banking-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||IL - Chicago, AZ - Phoenix, CO - Lone Tree
Activation Date: Tuesday, July 18, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, August 5, 2017