Phoenix - AZ, PHXPEAK, 2423 E Lincoln Dr, 85016-1215
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Our branch network is part of the broader Investor Services organization and is primarily responsible for helping individuals and families with their financial needs, including retirement planning, charitable giving, estate planning, active investing or managing banking and lending needs. The Branch Analytics team supports the Retail Branch Network providing quantitative analytics designed to measure performance and enhance the sales process.
What you’ll do:
The Business Analyst role will identify, monitor and provide analysis of key performance metrics for the branch network with the goal of providing informative reporting to the business that allows better insights and decision making, minimizes risk for the firm, and positions us to more effectively lead the organization. Flexibility and adaptability will be a key driver of success in this Analyst role. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record working as a member of a team in various sized project efforts and be comfortable communicating with and influencing all levels of the organization, responding to ad-hoc as well as large project requests. Additionally the role will be a point of contact for business partners needing consulting support. Candidate should have experience with understanding business objectives and goals and translating that into reporting/data needs, and writing user stories and business requirements that will allow provide greater insights to branch leaders, enabling them to make better decisions. Understanding the business need and then data mining and performing analysis will be critical for the role. They should understand sales business models and be able to associate data to sales activities in the field. A balance of analytical expertise and field sales experience is ideal.
Key Areas of Responsibility include:
- Partner with Sales Leadership to understand sales strategy and support the evolution of the Branch Network.
- Develop a business roadmap for future capabilities of the MySales (Tableau) platform and work with technology partners to execute.
- Understand business needs, translate for technology partners, and ensure proper execution to the field.
- Influence priorities of technology partners in support of the Branch Network.
- Analyze current state end-to-end business processes and identify reporting/data enhancement opportunities.
- Responsible for user story creation and the vision that drives the delivery of internal BI Reporting Solutions Develop user stories and business requirements to automate reporting; ensure technology understanding of the business need Support day to day reporting deliverables and ad-hoc requests
- Prioritize work queues and manage the implementation of process updates and enhancements
- Work closely with technology partners to build reporting & analytic dashboards that provide actionable insights and maximize business value Serve as consultant and work collaboratively with key branch business partners including Strategy, Relationship Solutions Group, Product Owners and Wholesalers to understand business needs and determine solutions.
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree or 8+ years equivalent experience.
- 3 - 5 years’ experience with data analysis and business process mapping Proficiency in SQL, Business Objects and/or Tableau extremely helpful Knowledge of Client Relationship Management applications (Siebel, Salesforce, etc.)
- Experience with JIRA queue management and Agile project cycle Proficient with Microsoft Office products – Word, Excel, & PowerPoint with an emphasis on Excel formulas Project Management and/or
- Financial Services experience is desired but not required Knowledge of Schwab branch network is a plus Strong analytical skills – ability to analyze large data sets, derive key insights and communicate
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Project Management-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix
Activation Date: Thursday, July 13, 2017
Expiration Date: Monday, August 14, 2017