Chicago - IL, IL150SW, 150 S Wacker Dr, 60606-4111
Sarah L Timms
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab’s focus on compliance goes back nearly 20 years. We helped to grow the industry from the beginning and have grown with it not by accident but by design, with a series of ‘firsts’, and in some cases ‘onlys’
- The first Proactive Trade Blocking technology
- The first broker dealer to digitize and offer employee monitoring
- The first software as a service tools
- A complete suite of tools and services
As part of the Compliance Solutions team, we have an opportunity to help firms leverage services and tool to help put business ethics and CCO at the center of their businesses, rather than a check box. Join Compliance Solution to empower CCOs and help them demonstrate the power and value of business ethics and Compliance.
What you’ll do:
Do you want to be part of a team that implements secure and extensible industry leading applications? Do you have a passion for building state of the art systems? We are looking for a strong technical solutions architect to design and develop system enhancements and new systems to support Compliance Solutions Technology. The individual will define future state functional and technical architecture direction for key capabilities through a thorough understanding of business vision and strategy as well as developing deep knowledge of current state capabilities.
- Participate in planning and implementation efforts, interfacing with business and technology leaders and directing a multi-disciplinary technical team and participating as a hands-on contributor when needed.
- Provide strong technical leadership adhering to the enterprise architectural direction to design technical architecture for solutions.
- Collaborate with other Enterprise, Information Security architects, Application and Infrastructure architects on overall roadmap and priorities.
- Work with Sprint teams and Tech Lead in story grooming, analysis, technical design and reviews
- Understand and apply reusable design patterns;
- Re-evaluate and design existing application architecture/framework capabilities and functionality
- Participate in product intake process and project planning activities
- Coordinating & facilitating knowledge sharing sessions
- Communicate overall vision, strategy, and roadmap to business counterparts
- Actively participate in evaluation of new technologies, building proof of concepts and conceptualization
What you have:
The candidate MUST have demonstrated capabilities with object oriented design and development, strong communication skills, and the ability to lead other team members and interact with business partners to successfully interpret requirements and create effective solutions.
- 8+ Years of Enterprise Web Application Development Experience
- 2+ years of experience leading the application development activities
- 2+ Years of experience working as an Application or a Solutions architect
- 2+ Years of experience working with Web APIs, and web technologies using Java/.Net C#
- 2+ years of experience working with relational databases like Oracle, Programming using PL/SQL
- Strong understanding of system architecture, object-oriented design, design patterns and Secure Coding Practices
- Proven ability to design and build complex systems for global enterprises which scale and operate reliably, efficiently and with high performance
- Working knowledge of; Web and Mobile UI Development Concepts
- In-depth knowledge of technical debt servicing, emerging technology introductions, systems integration and service level management
- Experience with Dockers is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in IT planning and strategy, governance and oversight, architecture and design and delivering measurable results in reducing cost, time to market and risk
- Strong problem-solving skills are necessary
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to interface with internal customers and establish strong, collaborative partnerships
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Distributed and Web Development-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||IL - Chicago
Activation Date: Wednesday, July 12, 2017
Expiration Date: Wednesday, September 13, 2017