Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
This entry level position will provide development and support for the Cashiering Management Technology Application Modernization program. In addition the position will provide cross-platform development and leadership for those products, services and initiatives currently supported by CMT and requiring additional modernization focus.
What you’ll do:
- We are looking for a motivated junior developer to join our applications development team.
- As a member of the development team you will participate in the design and implementation of RESTful web services. You will also participate in various software engineering projects using advanced development patterns and component-based architecture.
- You must actively collaborate with the team in ongoing product development, including design, development, review, integration, test, and deployment activities.
- You must have the ability to be self-directed and able to work with an extended, distributed team to deliver products in a timely manner.
- Finally, you should be comfortable in a fast-paced development environment that continually embraces the latest technologies and techniques.
What you have:
You should possess a keen desire and passion to produce usable and scalable software using advanced development technologies. As a developer, you will be developing and deploying enterprise applications with C# and .NET in a multi-threaded application software development.
The following qualifications are sought for this key technical position:
- Coursework and/or experience developing software in the .NET Framework and/or Java enterprise frameworks.
- Development expertise with the Visual Studio IDE
- Knowledge of Model-View-Controller (MVC) architecture (and the emerging MVVM)
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum development is preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to independently work as a contributing member in a high-paced and focused team
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a flexible and fast-paced environment across multiple time zones and locations
- Recent and upcoming graduates with a computer science or related background are also invited to apply for this position.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Distributed and Web Development-less than 2yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Tuesday, July 11, 2017
Expiration Date: Thursday, October 12, 2017