Lone Tree - CO, DENR2, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
Toni L Pohle
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Senior Team Manager, Operations Control Data Analytics drives value by providing insight into operational processes and supporting control environments using data analytic and reporting techniques. The role will work with management to refine and execute the Operations Control Data Analytics strategy. This is a highly visible position within Operations Control requiring interaction with Operations Control teams and their business partners that drive a wide variety of value-added initiatives. The opportunity and scope of responsibility for this role is large providing significant growth for visibility into other operations teams and management of a growing team for the right candidate.
What you’ll do:
Work to refine and execute a strategy within Operations Control that:
- Maximizes our investment in our people using data to identify opportunity for efficiency and effectiveness within processes, people, and technology.
- Uses data to enable greater decision making power, prioritization, and resource allocation.
- Identifies opportunities to reduce time spent mining and piecing together data and replacing with root cause analysis.
- Creates, promotes, and supports an ongoing and sustainable data control structure within Operations Control.
- Establishes governance and best practices to centralize source data across distributed systems and processes.
- Devises and promotes creative data visualization to derive actionable intelligence that analyzes and summarizes data for use in business cases, project plans, and actionable steps.
- Builds and manage a team that can effectively execute the Operations Control Data Analytics strategy.
- Creates partnerships with ABI and IDW to secure the integrity and reliability of Operations Control data and its use.
- Develops and delivers communications and trainings that summarize and explain the use, effectiveness, and success of the Operations Control Data Analytics Team.
- Supports the Managing Directors and Officer with data and analysis for strategy and planning initiatives.
What you have:
Our ideal candidate will be an entrepreneurial self-starter; and have a proven ability to deliver results, with a clear focus on providing business insights and the ability to anticipate and resolve problems under their own initiative. An ideal candidate for this role will have the following attributes:
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in business analysis and analytics and / or data management. Financial services industry experience highly preferred.
- Team leadership, management, and development skills.
- Sharp critical thinking and problem solving skills (strategic and tactical) coupled with the ability to focus on the most vital areas of the business. Ability to analyze, summarize, and transform data into actionable insights.
- Strong knowledge of Excel, Access, SharePoint and SharePoint Forums, Tableau and the desire to introduce new tools to the Operations Control team and environment that will maximize analytic capabilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work through complex technical situations and communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong project management and organization skills, with the ability to effectively manage several projects at once from original concept through delivery
- Proficiency using Microsoft PowerPoint to convey information succinctly but clearly for multiple levels of consumption.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, Analyst/Strategy-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix, CO - Lone Tree
Category:Brokerage Operations & Trading
Activation Date: Friday, June 30, 2017
Expiration Date: Friday, September 1, 2017