Phoenix - AZ, PHX4701A, 4701 E Francisco Dr, 85044-5365
Christine Marie Mosby
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Hosting Services is seeking a skilled and energetic individual who will thrive in our fast paced and dynamic. As an engineer, you will help lead the technological evolution of Compute Solutions. The role calls for a savvy technologist who thrives on highly scalable platforms and thinks in a transformational way.
What you’ll do:
This position will be an integral part of a distributed team that engineers and supports our critical IBM P-series and Linux environments. One will work closely with Enterprise Delivery Managers, Functional Solution Architects and business teams to architect technology solutions to meet client needs. The broader group supports physical and virtual server environments; underlying distributed hardware to provide stand alone and virtual servers. The team provides implementation services (server delivery for distributed needs). They oversee the process and deliver solutions and servers in partnership with their TIS partners.
Core Responsibilities Include the Following:
- Works across technology domains and lines of business to execute on strategy
- Implements new tools, technology and solutions to enhance broad platform architecture
- Provide mentoring
- Provide hands on expert level assistance to operations for technical issues
- Suggests alternative technical solutions to meet client requirements efficiently, and/or with greater reusability, and / or longer life
- Promotes and coordinates technical knowledge harvesting within the organization.
- Track and identify new technologies to solve the business problems
- Understand industry trends in order to align our technology to be effective
What you have:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Engineering or similar discipline
- Candidate should possess 5-7 years’ experience in an Enterprise level AIX/Unix environment
- 5-7 yrs IBM AIX, Red Hat Linux
- Experience with IBM Power technologies (AIX, VIO)
- Experience with VMware or other Virtualization products.
- Excellent project management skills and strong interpersonal, problem-solving, prioritization, conflict resolution, analytical, influence, facilitation, negotiation and time and resource management skills.
- Strong, attentive listening skills with the ability/willingness to learn about business, system and organizational change.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and resources in a dynamic environment across various sites, and organize complex information.
- Strong knowledge of organizational procedures and policies, products and services.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin, AZ - Phoenix
Activation Date: Friday, July 7, 2017
Expiration Date: Friday, September 1, 2017