Lone Tree - CO, DENR3, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Network Tools Software Engineer has responsibility for the design, development, implementation, and lifecycle management for the network tools and automation solutions across the Schwab enterprise.
Develop deploy and support both custom in house network management tools and solutions as well as leverage API’s of strategic network management platforms delivering best in breed management and provisioning platforms.
What you’ll do:
The Network Tools Design Engineer will work with the Network Management Systems team and other environment and service owners and engineers in order to lead development and implementation of network automation and provisioning systems using modern SDN approach. Will follow design guidelines that produce systems focused on reducing cycle time required to provision network systems in a modern scalable datacenter environment.
- Design, develop, test and implement software solutions to assist in the automatic provisioning of network communication devices including routers, switches, firewalls and load balancing equipment.
- Design and develop user interface solutions that assist in the management and monitoring of various network systems.
- Follow and participate in complete software development lifecycle working in an Agile, Scrum based development environment.
- Troubleshoot and maintain in house developed network management systems and solutions.
What you have:
- BS in CS, EE or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years in software development with a focus on network management and provisioning systems including Shell Scripting, Python, Perl, C, C++, Java, XML, and relational and NoSQL databases
- Knowledge of Netbrain, ExtraHop, HP Network Automation, CA Netvoyant, CA Reporter Analyzer, Splunk, and Voice (VoIP) and Security Mgmt Systems [IDS/IPS, firewall, SIP/RTP] a plus)
- Able to work with individuals with eclectic backgrounds ranging from operations, engineering, applications and business.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Activation Date: Friday, July 7, 2017
Expiration Date: Monday, January 8, 2018