Chicago - IL, BRILLP, 150 S Wacker Dr, 60606-4111
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Brokerage Accounting and Trading Technology team is looking for a talented team lead developer for our private cloud based trading platform.
The team is in the process of building ultra-low latency, high volume and reliable next generation trading platform. When it is completed, the application should support processing several billions of inquiry transactions during market hours.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly visible team that delivers innovative business solutions leveraging emerging technologies at Schwab.
What you’ll do:
- The technical lead engineer will be a hands-on lead developer that excels in a dynamic, fast-moving, and agile environment and is passionate about developing high quality, high performance, and scalable software.
- This role is split 50% design & leading the team, 50% development, and will require the successful candidate to be responsible for individual coding contributions in addition to their team lead responsibilities.
- The candidate will work aside a team of seasoned engineers whose main objective is to maintain all aspects of the overall software development lifecycle and ensure the on-time, quality delivery of software product releases.
- Lead team in execution of development pipeline and delivery of the organization’s software products to QA, and ultimately to Production
- Manage day-to-day activities and influence team members to leverage, follow and support agile software development practices ·
- Interface with product owner and key stakeholders in Project Management, Business, QA and Technology Operations to ensure high quality delivery of software projects on time and budget ·
- Work with Scrum Master and product owner to provide development sizing’s & cost analysis estimates ·
- Work closely with product owner and team members to decompose stories, design features, and prioritize tasks ·
- Utilize automated software test tools and frameworks such as test driven development to achieve software quality standards ·
- Support integration efforts to build whole systems from various subsystems ·
- Support release manager to assemble releases and drive improvements in the release process ·
- Assist Scrum Master in resolving needs and roadblocks identified by team members ·
- Ensure the coordination of individual team deliverables are synchronized as necessary to achieve product releases ·
- Provide hands-on development and mentoring as necessary for other members of the development team
- Identify technology risks early and establish mitigation plans ·
- Create artifacts for each project such as Software Architecture documentation, Technical Use Cases, and Code Review Packages ·
- Meet periodically with onshore and offshore developers to review and improve code quality, requirements specification and design methodologies
- Prototype, validate and create specific application solutions for the business
What you have:
- BS Computer Science or comparable. MS/MBA preferred
- 3+ years’ experience serving in the role of technical lead on an agile scrum team ·
- 5+ years of software development team leadership experience ·
- Thorough understanding of agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures ·
- Experience with frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate and understanding of UML (Unified Modeling Language). ·
- Expert in object oriented analysis, SOA, design patterns, development, implementation and maintenance.
- Proficient building server side applications based upon Microsoft technologies, specifically utilizing Visual Studio and C# ·
- Strong experience developing/managing REST and SOAP-based Web Service API(s) in a transaction processing environment ·
- Experience with distributed multi-tier applications, WMI, NO SQL databases, and SQL is preferred ·
- Must be self-motivated as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems ·
- Good understanding of latest Architecture and Development Standards
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Change Management/Release Management-2-5 yrs, Analyst/Strategy-2-5 yrs, IT-Other Specialty Engineering-2-5 yrs, IT-Communications/Networking-2-5 yrs, IT-Mainframe (Systems Prog/App Dev)-2-5 yrs, IT-Distributed and Web Development-2-5 yrs, IT-Management/Technical Project Mgmt-2-5 yrs, IT-Software Quality Assurance (QA)-2-5 yrs, Risk Analysis, IT-System Administration-2-5 yrs, IT-DBA-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||IL - Chicago
Activation Date: Monday, July 3, 2017
Expiration Date: Monday, January 1, 2018