We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Brokerage Accounting and Trading Technology team is looking for a talented Senior Manager, Software Applications Engineer for our private cloud based trading platform. The team is in the process of building ultra-low latency, high volume and reliable next generation trading platform. When it is completed, the application should support processing several billions of inquiry transactions during market hours. This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly visible team that delivers innovative business solutions leveraging emerging technologies at Schwab. Intelligent Portfolios Technology (IPT) is part of the Schwab Technology Services organization and is responsible for delivering Robo-Advisor solutions used by Schwab Clients and Advisors.
What you’ll do:
The primary responsibility of the Senior Manager within Brokerage Accounting Technologies is to manage software delivery on the brokerage trading platforms. This role would include both Project and Maintenance work. This individual will engage primarily with direct and indirect reports and business partners, including application developers, technical analysts, architects, QA, Project Managers, program management, and business partners. This position will report to a Managing Director of Brokerage Accounting.
This individual must have strong organizational and people leadership capabilities to facilitate a transition to Agile oriented Product Development teams. An ability to understand, align, and communicate within Brokerage Accounting services to business leadership is an essential component of the role. Candidates should have a passion for understanding emerging technologies and managing the deployment of same where appropriate. Platform technologies supported are primarily .Net, C#, SQL Server and AeroSpike NoSql Databases.
What you have:
- 8+ years of IT project experience in technical, project and offshore
vendor management capabilities
- 5+ years of people management experience with at least 5 direct reports
- 3+ years of experience in Financial Services Industry
- 5+ years of experience with running medium to large/complex projects with
multiple dependencies using Agile (Scrum/XP) processes in planning,
implementation and support of business application components, including change
& release management
- Strong technology affinity and experience, as well as attention to detail
& the ability to design, execute & maintain strategic goals &
metrics. You should possess a broad and deep knowledge of IT/software
technology & trends, domain knowledge and experience in infrastructure
support, application development, and database administration. Your technology
background will include: client/server, web services, portal, middleware,
operating systems, databases, networking, security & business intelligence.
A strong knowledge of software development, testing, maintenance and support is
- Professional experience leading teams that built distributed scalable
enterprise-class applications using C#, ASP.Net, SQL server and NoSql Database
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to independently work as a contributing member in a high-paced and
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a flexible and fast-paced environment across multiple
time zones and locations
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Monday, July 3, 2017
Expiration Date: Tuesday, May 1, 2018