We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
This is a Senior Staff role on our Core Engineering team - we provide a superior IP data network infrastructure for Charles Schwab & Co.
Core Engineering provides ownership & management of the enterprise network infrastructure. The team partners with other Infrastructure Services teams, Business Technology Groups and Business Units, designing and building cost-effective network solutions, based upon the business’ needs, requirements and IP networking best practices.
Team initiatives include designing cutting-edge network virtualization processes, building a next-generation spine and leaf data center fabric and campus network engineering, all with metrics-based reporting. We are looking for individuals that have a developer mentality – you will be challenged with designing and implementing the solutions that will continue to provide a superior infrastructure for our business.
What you’ll do:
The Sr. Staff Network Engineer/Developer will work closely with the Data Center Networking Services team to build and implement the company’s next generation data center network fabric. The selected individual will partner with key technology and business representatives, obtaining application migration requirements and effectively engineering network designs from the legacy topology to the new fabric design. Additionally, the position will maintain currency and optimization of the environment, along with growth and lifecycle.
What you have:
- 10+ years of experience
- Routing knowledge – OSPF, BGP
- Experience with Cisco VXLAN/EVPN
- Experience with network automation and orchestration tools/platforms
- Switching knowledge - Layer 2 expertise, including Spanning-Tree
- Scripting languages - knowledge with scripting languages, such as Python, Expect and TCL
- Strong organization, documentation and communication skills; ability to effectively hand-off operational support of the new fabric to others
- Ability to gather requirements, analyze alternatives, provide cost analysis, test options, configure devices and recommend, document and communicate highly technical solutions
- Experience working in a large enterprise environment with a keen focus around security, availability, resiliency and performance
- Experience building, implementing and troubleshooting complex LAN and WAN architectures
- Knowledge of data center network architecture and design concepts
- CCNP/CCIE certification preferred
- Hands-on experience designing, building, testing and deploying large-scale network solutions
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix, TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Monday, July 3, 2017
Expiration Date: Wednesday, October 4, 2017