Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
Sarah L Timms
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Brokerage Accounting and Trading Technology team is looking for a talented architect to be the lead architecture for our private cloud based trading platform. We are looking for a curious person with excellent technical skills, leadership and communication to guide the team through technology challenges while driving towards target architecture. The team is in the process of building ultra-low latency, high volume and reliable next generation trading platform. When it is completed, the application should support processing several billions of inquiry transactions during market hours. This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly visible team that delivers innovative business solutions leveraging emerging technologies at Schwab.
What you’ll do:
The Solution Architect will be focused on providing architectural guidance across multiple projects/teams.
- Work closely with Enterprise Delivery Managers, Functional Solution Architects and with business teams to architect technology solutions to meet client needs.
- Understanding complex problems easily and come up with simple solutions Lead technical requirements gathering sessions and producing technical requirements and design documents.
- Manage the technical delivery of integrations, security, single-sign-on and application customizations.
- Publishing and presenting the architecture to technology leaders and business executives. Provide hands on expert level assistance to developers for technical issues.
- Suggests alternative technical solutions to meet client requirements efficiently, and/or with greater reusability, and / or longer life.
- Promotes and coordinates technical knowledge harvesting within the organization. Defines, communicates and enforces design/coding standards.
- Identifies reusable code required for our code library and ensures the high quality creation of the code.
- Tracks and identifies new technologies to solve the business problems.
What you have:
- BS Computer Science or related field. MS or MBA preferred
- 10+ years of solid architect development experience in distributed platform
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an architect in building complex, highly scalable and low latency applications
- Strong experience with object oriented design in a Linux/Windows data center environment, C#.NET preferred
- Experience owning and operating multiple instances of a mission critical service
- 5+ years with Agile development methodology and Test-Driven Development
- Experience using telemetry and metrics to drive operational excellence
- Experience growing high performing engineering teams
- Good judgment and the ability to handle stressful situations.
- Broad knowledge of software engineering: languages, frameworks, techniques, industry trends, etc.
- Experience as a technical leader/architect in an organization.
- This includes coaching and mentoring, working through complex problems, and working with our business partners to deliver an amazing experience for our clients.
- You have qualities that engineers recognize and respect.
- Broad knowledge of the software engineering and architecture space: languages, frameworks, techniques, industry trends, etc.
- Deep knowledge of REST and the Web Services space. Knowledge and experience with server side .NET and knowledge of nosql databases (Aerospike, MongoDB are preferred).
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Distributed and Web Development-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin
Activation Date: Tuesday, February 13, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, April 28, 2018