Alexandria - VA, BRVAAL, 1920 Ballenger Ave., 22314-6818
Denise Kathy Cannon
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future
Looking for a career with purpose? With over 325 offices, our branch network is part of the broader Investor Services organization and is primarily responsible for providing advice and counsel to individuals and families with all aspects of their financial needs, including wealth management, retirement planning, educational planning, investment management, estate planning, active investing, managed banking, and lending needs. Our Financial Consultants are driven, motivated people who believe that personal engagement, a sense of ownership, and a commitment to investing gives them control over their financial futures.
What you’ll do:
The Vice President, Financial Consultant will proactively grow an affluent wealth management practice and work with clients to determine appropriate solution strategies and service to deepen relationships. Financial Consultants will develop and execute a local business plan to generate new clients. They will develop a strong network of contacts in the community and proactively generate prospects through partnerships, relationship development, and events. The Financial Consultants help the firm grow and are responsible for providing planning based wealth management for clients with more than $250,000 in assets.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Practice consultative planning based wealth management approach to best assess and find appropriate solutions to meet client’s needs.
- Utilize expertise and knowledge of the securities industry and markets to analyze and interpret client’s investment objectives and provide investment advice suited to meet their needs.
- Increase branch/brand awareness by participating in community activities, networking and prospecting, soliciting referrals and leveraging relationships with centers of influence.
- Execute a consistent client relationship management process that delights clients, drives referrals, and retains clients at Schwab for life.
- Engage with clients to inspire a level of trust that increases retention, client promoter scores and positive feedback
- Leverage existing relationship resources (i.e. planning tools, etc.) to deepen and retain client relationships.
- Build relationships with key business partners and connect with others across the firm to drive results and provide the best client experience.
Schwab Financial Consultants receive a total compensation package which includes a competitive base salary, incentives and a bonus structure derived by each individual Financial Consultant’s performance and business development.
To learn more about the culture at Schwab, click here to meet our people.
What you have:
Required minimum skills and qualifications are:
- Must have a skill for developing relationships and self-sourcing new to firm clients while maintaining existing relationships
- A minimum of four years’ financial services experience working with retail clients, with proven success in providing advice and consultation, and in managing, developing, and expanding client relationships
- Results driven, highly motivated self-starter who demonstrates a proven track record for client acquisition and closing the business
- Must have strong desire for performance-driven compensation and growing earnings potential
- Must have a strong connection to community, identifying and capitalizing on existing networks and relationships
- Must have prior experience demonstrating self-motivation and entrepreneurial mindset
- Strong verbal communication skills including the ability to make presentations to variousaudiences
- Demonstrated ability to identify crucial events in clients’ lives with the proficiency to leverage this skill to consolidate and retain assets
Education, Licenses, and Designations
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Validand active Series 7 license is required
- Validand active Series 66 (63/65) license is required (may be obtained within a 90 day condition of employment)
- Validand active Life and Health Insurance license is required (may be obtained within a 120 day condition of employment)
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®) certification is preferred
- Pursuant to SAFE Act requirements, all employees engaged in residential loan mortgage originations must register with the NMLS registry system and remain in good standing. You will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package.
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts.
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program.
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions.
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships.
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life.
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. All applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status (disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans), or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||FINRA Series 66, Life Insurance, FINRA Series 7
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Business Development and Sales-2-5 yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs, Banking-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||VA - Alexandria
Activation Date: Friday, June 30, 2017
Expiration Date: Tuesday, September 12, 2017